Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spousal Support Elimination and Child Support Variation?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mom2three View Post
    Whoa! It was a mere observation on my part and I quite succintly stated to take it with a grain of salt if I was off base. Phew! It was not meant with malice.
    I didn't suggest you were being malicious or that you crossed the line. I simply said that you were going out on a limb making that statement with such little information or feel.

That said, qualifying the statement (succinctly or otherwise) by adding a grain of salt doesn't excuse it. To put it bluntly, I don't think you should have said it. But I'm not po'd or anything.

Comment

Happy ending

A quick follow-up to this thread.....

In December I proposed a change to the spousal support arrangements with my ex, essentially stating that her new circumstances and job opportunities should warrant a cessation in support.

Initially, she refused, but after several calm and cordial email discussions, she eventually proposed a tiered reduction schedule that will eliminate all spousal support this July.

Needless to say, I'm quite pleased that we were able to work this out between us.

Thanks to all who replied/gave advice!

AC

Comment

Good to hear about people who can work together in a mature fashion. Much kudos to you!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X