Being unavailable to handle a motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being unavailable to handle a motion

Mr. Self Represented has a vacation planned for July 10 to July 24.

Ms Lawyer is the sort to file a motion to disrupt that vacation or give less time to respond. Mr. Self-represented dare not say when they will be away.

Mr. Self-represented is taking vacation April 15 - 29
    He gets served a 14B motion on April 12: what does he do?
    He gets served a 14B motion on April 28: what does he do?
    7-days to respond to a 14B but he is on vacation for part of that.

He gets served 14 motion near the end of his vacation.
    Same thing what does he do?

Lawyers know have a huge advantage for putting people in a tight spot.

Ask other side to reschedule. If denied, submit your material asap asking for another date. Show up to 14 motion and do the same. If you don't have time to respond and/or can't show, call the court and speak to dc to speak to the judge on your behalf.
    The stress will get you before your ex. Enjoy the vacay!

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Last edited by pinkHouses; 03-10-2022, 10:28 PM.

Comment

I would ask as I am obligated but they won't reschedule. Not an exact example but if a parent was was in a car crash and on their last couple of days they would take it as an opportunity. I am dealing with human defects that lack what makes the rest of us human.

Honesty here I am not exaggerating they also did it with another unavoidable item. Maybe I ask duty counsel ahead of time or does that just make people mad, they know the lawyer would take advantage just to stress me out.

I will add one more: What if I get served April 15?
        Last edited by pinkHouses; 03-10-2022, 10:26 PM.

Comment

You ask the judge for an adjournment. You will likely get it too unless it’s an urgent matter that has already been adjourned several times.Lawyers ask for adjournments all the time

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X