This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step Sister Verbal Abuse?

My ex husband asked my 14yr old daughter if she wanted to move in with his new 4th wife, her daughters and him this coming summer. As our daughter has been living with me(mom) step father and two younger siblings for 11yrs now this came as a shock and a surprise. My ex stated to me that it was my 14yr olds choice.

My daughter has stated to me that she does not want to live with her father and felt she had no other choice considering we were now going to court of Queens Bench to discuss Primary Residence.

My daughter contacted her older step sister(natural daughter to my ex & his first wife) via text messages and told her that she did not want to live with her dad and current wife.

The older sister then began to LIE to my daughter stating that her father could not cancel this future date of court, because if he did then he would be Charged with Perjury and go to jail just because she changed her mind. Then she sent text messages stating that Dad and your mom the B#$@% still had to go to court and now she won't ever let you see your dad again. At this point my daughter was crying and told me what was occuring. I advised her not to contact the older sister again until court on Aug.4,2011 and not to answer any calls. My daughter is now afraid to go to her fathers house after court.

Is there anything I can do to stop the older sisters from abusing my daughter verbally and emotionally? And how do I protect my daughter from her fathers verbal abuse without proof?

There is nothing you can do about the older daughter. That is a ridiculous concept, sorry, how can you get a court order to control someone's behaviour that much? It's up to your daughter to decide if she wants contact with that other daughter or not, or whether to listen.

Protecting your daughter from her father's verbal abuse? You aren't saying anything about the father here. Maybe you are implying that what the older daughter said was HIS verbal abuse? Again, you can't control what people say like that. And you can't do anything in court without proof, period.

All you have is hearsay and speculation, you have nothing against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
      Again, you can't control what people say like that. And you can't do anything in court without proof, period.

No sadly you can't control what people say to each other, but we can teach our kids how to digest what is said to them by people. As far as not getting things done in court without proof I call BS my ex's whole case was based on lies and BS without proof. I had proof against all her lies proved she was lying under oath, and she got away with it all....just saying...the biggest sob story wins in court not proof

Comment

Originally posted by Dooly View Post
        I had proof against all her lies proved she was lying under oath, and she got away with it all....
        Everyone says that when they lose.

Comment

Thank You Mess, for the straight forward answer that I understand. I guess I was looking for a miracle to get this girl to stop. I was looking for I think a legal way to get this young lady to stop verbally abusing my daughter. However I completely understand your reasoning. Thank you CourtAgain.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X