Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will FRO force payor to do taxes and update CS accordingly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can prove he is doing it then I say go for it. If you can’t then don’t bother.

My husband worked for cash when he was out of work with his ex so she claimed he was doing it when she came after him. Couldn’t prove it because it wasn’t happening. She tried to claim our trips were proof. I paid for them but the judge said he didn’t care as his income is pointed out in his filing.

Comment

Update

the side hustle? yeah- it's a LOT. like 20k a lot. But I'm pretty sure they pay him as an independent contractor so he has to report it.

He sent me his tax return- after I asked him if he'd accept service of my ROI electronically.

Turns out, he was probably underpaying CS since we separated in 2018...to the tune of $200/month or more- not to mention, underpaying his s7. It makes me feel like such a chump. But what are you going to do? That was the cost of getting things settled.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X