Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the fastest way to start second step and get divorce quickly.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the fastest way to start second step and get divorce quickly.

Hi dear friends, I served (mailed) the Form 6, Form 8, blank answer form 10, form 35.1 to my ex spouse. I just received acknowledgment card (form 6) and filled form 10 (answer form) back from her (she is out of the country now). She had confirmed and declared what I was asking on form 8 (application) from her. She were totally agree what I said.

So, What is the fast way to get divorce now. Should I go back to the courthouse with Form 10 and form 6 or should I go back with only Form 6 (acknowledgment card) to start second step.

What is the fastest way to get divorce quickly.

If I go back with Form 6 and Form 10 to the court house what the next step will be? and will it be the fastest way?

OR

If I go back with Form 6 only to the court house what the next step will be? and will it be the fastest way?

I am curious, as it appears you are self represented, whether you filed your documents with the court prior to serving your wife? The way you have written this, it does not seem so, but I could very well be wrong.

Also, you state that this is uncontested, so I must assume this is fast track divorce, ie no financial issues etc. That being said, have you been separated for a year and it not, were there grounds for divorce?

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three View Post
      I am curious, as it appears you are self represented, whether you filed your documents with the court prior to serving your wife? The way you have written this, it does not seem so, but I could very well be wrong.

Also, you state that this is uncontested, so I must assume this is fast track divorce, ie no financial issues etc. That being said, have you been separated for a year and it not, were there grounds for divorce?

I filled and said we have been separated since October 2007. I also asked my son's custody on the application. She filled Form 10 as her respond, and agreed with me on our son's custody. She wants to give his custody me. I do not want any cents of her money as child support. What is the fastest way to get divorce.

Should I go to court with Form 6 and Form 10 OR should I go with form 6 only?

Comment

You will need to file BOTH of these forms. When you file these forms you will also have to file a form 36 (affidavit for divorce) and three copies of form 25A (draft divorce order). On the form 25A you will leave the date and the name of the Judge blank. And finally, you must also file 2 self-addressed stamped envelopes.

All of this information is filed in the continuing record. As for a time frame, it greatly depends on the courthouse where these papers are filed. But, once the draft order is signed, a divorce certificate will be issued 30 days after. The divorce is NOT final until you receive the certificate.

Happy paper trails!

Comment

You will need to file BOTH of these forms. When you file these forms you will also have to file a form 36 (affidavit for divorce) and three copies of form 25A (draft divorce order). On the form 25A you will leave the date and the name of the Judge blank. And finally, you must also file 2 self-addressed stamped envelopes.

All of this information is filed in the continuing record. As for a time frame, it greatly depends on the courthouse where these papers are filed. But, once the draft order is signed, a divorce certificate will be issued 30 days after. The divorce is NOT final until you receive the certificate.

Happy paper trails!
          I know, I also need to take Form 6B, Form 25A, Form 36. with 2 self addressed envelope. My question is not that.

My question is that; What is the fastest way to receive my certificate.

Should I give FORM 10 + Form 6 (acknowledgment card) or should I only give Form 6 to make it faster?

Comment

If you don't file both the forms then you will be taking the slow route. My first sentence stated "file BOTH".

Comment

If you don't file both the forms then you will be taking the slow route. My first sentence stated "file BOTH".

If I give them both, what will happen after I give them all forms which need for the second step?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X