2nd question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd question

So just noticed on the form 14A & 14B forms we we served with in the post (not registered) that there is no court clerk stamp. Does that mean they haven't actually be filed with the court????

No, it doesn't necessarily mean that. It may mean that they filed with the court, but inadvertently served you with copies of the forms they made earlier.

If in doubt, ask the other party, or check with the court clerk. Certainly, you should be given a file number so that you may file your response.

Comment

There is never any "inadvertently" with this crazy woman.

No date means we don't know when 4 days is because you only have 4 days to file a response to a 14A & 14B no form 14 detailing a notice of motion provided.

1. sent in the mail in undated express envelop not served.
      2. As far as my research turns up a 14 is strictly for uncomplicated or unopposed matters yet she marks on it that it will be opposed and that she wants only written material to be judged. With no HEaring Date or Name of Case Management Judge we are flying blind.
      3. To respond do we respond in kind (14, 14A, 14B & 13) or can we skip that and file a motion to change 15, 15A & 13. as our response instead? as the circumstances have changed (different job) which effects child support and section 7. She wants section 7 to be auto taken out through FRO.

You Mess are a life saver!!!

Comment

If someone sent me a non-registered letter in the mail requiring my response in 4 days it would end up with the Readers Digest Sweepstakes entry forms.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          If someone sent me a non-registered letter in the mail requiring my response in 4 days it would end up with the Readers Digest Sweepstakes entry forms.

do tell more. You think we can just ignore it? I got the 4 days off of the Family law rules for response to a form 14A but we are not entirely sure if she even actually filed them. Could be just a scare tactic. Maybe??

Either way it is time to bite back! and we'll use this as an opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by karmaseeker View Post
            do tell more. You think we can just ignore it? I got the 4 days off of the Family law rules for response to a form 14A but we are not entirely sure if she even actually filed them. Could be just a scare tactic. Maybe??

Either way it is time to bite back! and we'll use this as an opportunity.
            ignoring is not a good idea, you have the file number, call the court and figure out what date the motion is, if the time is not sufficient to reply ask the other party to consent to adjournment sighting their papers are not exact one which they filed with court and hence the service is not really valid. if they disagree to cooperate then walk in front of the judge and ask the judge for an adjournment based on improper notice (and not having enough time to prepare) and show him/her the papers you were served with.

if you ignore the judge may make an order that you dont like, and by the time you are done reversing that order the other party will have built some status quo (though in support matters it shouldnt count as heavily as the judge can simply recalculate) at the least if you dont pay the amounts ordered under the uncontested order, FRO will come after you and at least bad credit you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X