Rant/ Dad lets child down again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant/ Dad lets child down again

So it was dad’s access this past weekend. Son didn’t want to go and I had to pick him up and put him in dad’s car while dad sits there quietly not helping me. ;-(.

Then Sunday dad texts me to check my email. He doesn’t allow me to text him but texts me to alert me to check email.

Sends me email stating out son is begging to stay another night using bribery tactics and all. Dad says in email he has to work and he can’t keep him overnight. My son then calls me on the phone asking to stay overnight. I nicely say I’m sorry Daddy has to work. My son says but Daddy said he would take me fishing.

So I nicely suggest maybe daddy can still take you fishing after he is done work tomorrow (today). My son relays this to dad that is sitting beside him. I hear dad say in the background to email him back and he will figure it out.

So son comes home. I have sent dad email saying sure come take him after work tomorrow and when to have him home. I asked that he let me know if he will be coming by 10 pm Sunday night.

Now my son must have had a conversation with his dad because he assumed he was going.

Dad didn’t respond to my email (hasn’t even read it as I track them). And now I am left with an upset child because his dad once again told him something and didn’t follow through.

I don’t know how parents can do this to their kids. I want to email saying thanks for leaving me with the mess again of your son you let down again. I know. Not worth my breath. ;-(

This is the dad who wants all this extra time. I just don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guess you will have to "text" him to alert him to his emails.... I don't get how you aren't allowed to text him???

You are showing great restraint... I'd probably text him and tell him what a loser he is.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      guess you will have to "text" him to alert him to his emails.... I don't get how you aren't allowed to text him???

You are showing great restraint... I'd probably text him and tell him what a loser he is.

We have another SC in September. Trying to remain nice as anything I say to them they seem to use against me. I can’t have our kid call him and say he doesn’t want to go with him yet he seems to have no issue doing it to me. And then when I offer compromise he lets his kid down. He was mad at me first. But I explained I told daddy he could. And I haven’t heard from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X