Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, sorry, in answer to your last question Bald, we only went to the two sessions. I don't want to imply that everything was rosy though.

That is all we seemed to need but not because we have so few issues. We spent months after separation arguing about everything, yelling, hanging up, working through the resultant feelings, etc. We still argue about the adult divorce stuff.

I think the two sessions were all that was needed to work out how to be good but separate parents. I still have my own personal issues with him, his behaviour and his choices but for my kids, I want to be able to step back and not interfere with him being the best Dad he can be.

Comment

SadandTired: I found your posts to be enlightening and informative. Thanks for sharing your experience about counselling.

Comment

Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
        Oh, sorry, in answer to your last question Bald, we only went to the two sessions. I don't want to imply that everything was rosy though.

That is all we seemed to need but not because we have so few issues. We spent months after separation arguing about everything, yelling, hanging up, working through the resultant feelings, etc. We still argue about the adult divorce stuff.

I think the two sessions were all that was needed to work out how to be good but separate parents. I still have my own personal issues with him, his behaviour and his choices but for my kids, I want to be able to step back and not interfere with him being the best Dad he can be.
        I worship the ground you walk on.

Comment

Thanks Arabian. I appreciate that!

And Bald, you made me laugh.

Hope your holidays are wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by baldclub View Post
            I worship the ground you walk on.
            http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...itation-13399/

To quote blink:

Unless the doctor thinks it's serious enough to call CAS as being a danger to the child, it isn't likely to hold much weight if he takes you to court for denial of access.

Really, without an order he legally has the same rights as you do. Consider how you'd feel/what you'd do if the child went to his place, stated she didn't want to come back to yours and he simply said 'ok' and went with it.

My guess is your ass would be down to the courthouse before the sun set.

You need to get an agreement made. Also consider, you cannot facilitate repairing the relationship between the two of them if you let one party opt out. Again, shoe-foot etc.

The kid is 11 years old, she isn't in control of the situation, nor should she be given control of the situation. She needs to realize that Dad is the parent, reinforced by you and you need to allow him the opportunity to parent EQUALLY.

I know you feel you're protecting your child, but by letting an 11 year old make adult decisions, you may be doing much more harm than good.
            To quote mess:

I think it is unconscionable for a doctor to make a recomendation that a child be alienated from their parent. The child is not in physical danger and unless there is cause for the doctor to report the father to the CAS, they are being completely unprofessional and inappropriate.

From your description there is certainly cause for the three of you to go to family counselling to address what has happened.

Perhaps it is possible you misunderstood the doctor's comments. Otherwise, if a doctor said anything like this either to me about my ex, or to my ex about me, I would be filing a complaint with the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
            Beware of false idols I say...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X