Unpaid Expenses on Matrimonial home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpaid Expenses on Matrimonial home

Anyone can advise on motion for unpaid expenses as ex still living PT basis at Matrimonial Home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would need to provide more information before any advice could be offered.

Comment

I paid mortgage, property taxes and utilities including LOC debtfrom approximately 2200/month. Ex refused to pay.
      We just finish case conference and going to settlement conference.
      Her lawyer purposely make our variances of NFP wider

Comment

How long has this been for? Are you also living in the home?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
          How long has this been for? Are you also living in the home?

yes
          i live ft at home and ex live pt and on weekend with her bf
          been 1 yr not paying her portion

Comment

Are you living completely separately in the home? Do you have an agreement that addresses this and what does it say?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
              Are you living completely separately in the home? Do you have an agreement that addresses this and what does it say?

no agreement
              i have u-17 son with me and take care of him m-sunday
              can i use s7 what is the section?
              use 14 form ?

Comment

A lot is going to be dependent on whether you and the wife are living separately. You have no agreement that says she is to pay anything for the home. If you are not living separately, then you are not separated and your finances are still joint so you will not likely have any success making a claim for the house expenses or any S.7 expenses that have already been incurred. You can only make a claim for expenses incurred after the separation date. It is unclear whether you would be considered legally separated at this point, especially give you appear to have shared financial obligations. Here are some good links that will explain the requirements:

The 16 Ways to Know You are Separated | FamilyLLB - Ontario Divorce & Family Law Blog

LIVING SEPARATE AND APART IN THE SAME HOUSE - Cobbett & Cotton Lawyers

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X