Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 06:23 AM

FL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura aboutFL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura about

The general rule is that if there is a claim for some or all of the debt then yes you can ask the courts to order that the other party show the records of debt to determine whether they should be included.

The documents would have to show that the debt was incurred as a result of the relationship. Had they not been claimed as splitable debt, then you would have no right to the statements, as how one manages their income is not up for debate so as long as they have met and continue to meet other financial obligations as they pertain to the other party ONLY..
Old 01-27-2009, 01:54 PM

lauralin is on a distinguished road

Good news, I have been to the case conference and the judge dismiss his claim for my sharing half his credit card debt. I was also awarded a motion for spousal support.
The only debts to be divided are for the joint debt of the relationdhip ie the house and roof renvovations.
It was a a good day.
My ex spouse was also claiming the mortgage payment he had been paying since date of valuation. The judge also dismiss that claim stating that he had exclusive enjoyment of the home and that he would of had to pay rent and utilities somewhere.
It was an even better day.
His council had been using scare tactics. Thank god I did my homework.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:26 PM

fatherles is on a distinguished road

Court Order is there a time limit on how long the court order could be taken out before it is deem to be invalid. Is there a time limit and what is that time limit can someone help me on this issue

also can lawyer charge more there the post amount stipulated for instancce can they charge 300 per hour on their trial cost
Closed Thread