No announcement yet.

Medical Benefits through employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He refuses to provide the account numbers - says that is not information that I need because I should just pay and send him the receipts and that he'll only submit when I've paid it first - I've asked for the booklet just so I know what the coverage is. I do have other receipts for the past year that I will submit once my lawyer gives her advice. And I definitely don't trust him to ever pay me back - it's over $2,000 mainly from therapy sessions for the boys and the last dentist appointment.

No I don't have benefits. Now I know that his is a health SAVINGS plan rather than the usual type of benefit coverage I would assume it covers 100% but I don't know anything either way without the booklet.

Comment

Any out-of-pocket medical expenses you have incurred for yourself and/or the kids should be reimbursed to you. Your lawyer needs to get the kids at least back on his coverage.

My benefit provider will keep an ex-spouse on benefits if court ordered, but if a new spouse comes into play, the employee who is covered needs to pick one spouse to be covered. Can't have both.

Comment

Is it a requirement to put a spouse on the benefits? What about a new job you start after you separate, you would have to put that spouse on the benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by denbigh View Post
          Is it a requirement to put a spouse on the benefits? What about a new job you start after you separate, you would have to put that spouse on the benefits?
          Why would you not put your spouse on your benefits??

If you meant ex-spouse, I figure, get them off your benefits as soon as divorce is done or you have a new spouse. I would never put an ex-spouse on a new plan at a new job.

However, some court orders dictate otherwise.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X