Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

requesting to extend regular weekend for long weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arabian View Post
    I think we must remember that there are many out there who do not want anything more than EOW and we certainly shouldn't criticise them for that.
    Those are precisely the type of people that I criticize. I see no reason why I should refrain from doing so.

If a father tries and loses, then shame on the system. If a father doesn't try though, then shame on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
      Those are precisely the type of people that I criticize. I see no reason why I should refrain from doing so.

If a father tries and loses, then shame on the system. If a father doesn't try though, then shame on him.
      I don't think that's fair. Up until the divorce the system shits on the father in so many ways that unless they are super smart and research the situation (or come to ODF) everybody will tell them that they will never get anything better then EOW. And these poor souls trust the lawyers and sign away the only thing worth fighting for.

If I wasn't who I am and didn't have the support of my very supporting friends and family even until this day I would have never pulled off what I did. Most people don't have that.

Comment

I tend to agree with both Janus and Links here. Links is right..
        some dad's are told so often that they can't win that they begin to believe it. We call this a "self fulfilling prophecy".
        Janus is also right ... it's their kids, they shouldn't be listening to anybody and fighting their ass off on pure love and instinct.

Comment

Its a difficult process, I ask for allot of extra days in witch I get because the mom doesn't want to spend as much time as I do, My one daughter spent over 20days this summer up at my moms cottage and she never blinked an eye, Its hard because my STBX has a very controlling thing and loves the fact that I ask I think , but I always bite my tongue because I do it for the kids.

Comment

Very well said Links and Janus

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post

I agree. Don't refrain from doing so. Equality is equality. Fathers should not be permitted to buy their way out of being responsible equally for their children.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X