16 hours of driving cause the ex refuses to meet half way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 hours of driving cause the ex refuses to meet half way

well the ex refused to meet to drop off or pickup the kids so I could have them for fathers day , also no report cards for the past school year and she refused access for 6 months and she hasn't provided her tax info in two years , so if i take her to court am i going to get screwed around or will they force her to get off her ass and comply with the court order? cause it means loss of work 16 hours of driving round trip and hotel expenses to go to court so will i get anywhere or will it be a waste of time and money

Reading from your previous posts over the past year you've asked if taking her to court will do anything. I assume you haven't so it's worth trying as it doesn't sound like anything is changing and in fact getting worse.

As previous poster said document the missed times, be prepared that she gets a slap on the wrist and that you have do this a few times to get anything substantial out of the court system.

I'm going through the same thing and I have primary lol. Just waiting for my turn in court to do the dance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Document, document, document...

If you want anything resolved in court, make sure to document denials of access, her refusing to share driving/meeting up with you, etc. Depends on what is stated in your current order, but if she's not following it, you need documentation.

Comment

I'm curious, have you or anyone actually went to court for denial of access and if so, how did it go, what points did you use to win or lose and what was the outcome.

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
        Document, document, document...

If you want anything resolved in court, make sure to document denials of access, her refusing to share driving/meeting up with you, etc. Depends on what is stated in your current order, but if she's not following it, you need documentation.

Comment

Hopefully others will chime in, who know more, as I have not gone to court for this specifically. But the general gist is, you need documented occurances.

ex.

You: "She's always denying me access!"
          Judge: "What dates? How were you denied access."
          You: "I don't know the exact dates, but the last two years it has happened a few times"
          Judge to your ex: "Is this true?"
          Your ex: "Nope".

Versus:

You: "There have been numerous instances of child's time with me being unilaterally denied by "Mom", including up until just recently on date X.

I've outlined the dates, and the communication that occurred at that time, in my included documented emails, as I was trying to communicate with "Mom" to work out suitable alternate arrangments so that child and I could still have our time together, but all suggestions were either ignored, or shut-down by "Mom" with dubious reasons.

Avoid "he-said/she-said". Show what actually transpired, numerous times, in documented instances. Best to have email communication captured, or less ideally, text messages. If you're just arging over the phone about this, it's hard to show what is what.

Comment

Look up dadx5 posts. I think he was successful in a contempt action.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X