Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not like I did not have anought problems but here we go...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not like I did not have anought problems but here we go...

Hello All

So I have been laid off this week. Now I have to not only to prepare for trial on Jan-2013 but also find a job. And first question what I have in my head where the hell I can find job which would allow me to spend 3 weeks a year in court. Not to mention number of other surrounding issues...

Yea... Anyway I have to inform mom about that (pursuant to court order) and here is quite interesting reply (and really bizarre point of view).

Message One:

Good , now you actually can take care of *son*.
    Message Two:
    So, now, as I understood.

1. You cant support *son* anymore.

2. That is change of circumstances and should be included in our trial.

Thanks for informing that. You probably will move soon, so , please give your new address too.
    Sometime she still manage to surprise me...

WD

Wow what a "winner".They will always drop the bar that bit lower just to remind you that yes ,their behaviour could always be worse!Well she should be out of legal aid by now ...self representing herself for a trial could mean a very short trial.You on the other hand should find it not too much trouble to find another job.Keep your spirits up,this isn't going to be of benefit to her anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by murphyslaw View Post
      Wow what a "winner".They will always drop the bar that bit lower just to remind you that yes ,their behaviour could always be worse!Well she should be out of legal aid by now ...self representing herself for a trial could mean a very short trial.You on the other hand should find it not too much trouble to find another job.Keep your spirits up,this isn't going to be of benefit to her anyway.
      She does not have Legal AID anymore. She is planning to represent her during the trial (and honestly I would prefer she has a lawyer).

On other hand I may be qualified for Legal AID now. That would ironic don't you think ? ))

WD

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
        She does not have Legal AID anymore. She is planning to represent her during the trial (and honestly I would prefer she has a lawyer).

On other hand I may be qualified for Legal AID now. That would ironic don't you think ? ))

WD
        Now that would be a hoot

Best of luck to you WorkingDad... seeing what you have accomplished already, I have no doubt you will continue to do great things.

Comment

Originally posted by iceberg View Post
          You may be eligable for unemployment insurance, maybe even temporary on welfare, isnt she on welfare forever?

Why u feel is better to face lawyer than her?
          Because lawyer bonded by rules and code of professional conduct.
          crazy not bonded by anything ...

Comment

Good one!

Comment

So she is still on welfare, but no longer eligible for legal aid, is that what I am getting?

I thought it was an "endless" pot that they worked out of...

Comment

Originally posted by Unevenplayingground View Post
                So she is still on welfare, but no longer eligible for legal aid, is that what I am getting?
                as far as I know yes.

I thought it was an "endless" pot that they worked out of...
                well, looks like she really put her self on notice with Legal AID. But I would not be surprised if she get it back some time in future...

Comment

Originally posted by iceberg View Post
                  If she is eligable for legal aid she can apply again even if she didn't pay off her old bill, new application has nothing to do with old file
                  I do not think it has anything to do with unpaid bill but her actions. But of course I do not know what is exactly situation there...

Comment

as far as I know yes.

well, looks like she really put her self on notice with Legal AID. But I would not be surprised if she get it back some time in future...
                    Well I hope you are now eligible for legal aid. Good luck.

Comment

WD we should introduce your ex to my ex.

When my ex was self-represented for a while it was an absolute nightmare. He had the g/f file papers in the wrong court several times and all it did was just jack up my legal bill. Judges in this province like to be lenient with self-represented people regarding rules of court. While he was never successful in court he was successful in running up my legal bills.

Hope you get yourself a young, bright Legal Aid Lawyer who can take some of the pressure off. You will do ok as you are smart enough to spot legal errors in procedure and you have lots of people on the forum who have your back.

Good luck!

Comment

I meant to add that if your ex is a vexatious litigant (takes you to court over and over without winning) you can see about applying for case management and request that she be ordered to remit a deposit for costs to the courts before each and every case she brings forward in the future. I believe this is one of the strategies my lawyer will be employing in the very near future.

Comment

Alanis Morissette - Ironic - YouTube

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X