Support Deduction Order Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Deduction Order Question

I am looking to file a support deduction order for the s.7 and extraordinary expense my ex is required to pay but isn’t. I haven’t done one of these forms before. Do I just fill out Form 1 and Form 2 and take that down to the court clerk with my court order to have them enforce the court order through FRO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does your order specifically state that section 7 expenses are to be enforced through the FRO ?

Comment

No it does not.

Comment

If your order doesnt set out a specific amount then you have to file a statement of arrears owing. You would take the amount paid, calculate the net cost (subtract any tax deductions or benefits) then calculate the % of section 7. That amount goes on the form listed as the expense. For instance “daycare $100”. You then submit that to FRO and they will add it to your account and send it to your ex.

Note though that your ex can dispute it and if the dispute is legit (ie you didnt calculate it right) the amount will be rejected. If this happens you should file for the costs through the court so that it is set out. Sort of like parent will pay $2500 per year in section 7 expenses for xyz costs until abc date.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
          If your order doesnt set out a specific amount then you have to file a statement of arrears owing. You would take the amount paid, calculate the net cost (subtract any tax deductions or benefits) then calculate the % of section 7. That amount goes on the form listed as the expense. For instance “daycare $100”. You then submit that to FRO and they will add it to your account and send it to your ex.

Note though that your ex can dispute it and if the dispute is legit (ie you didnt calculate it right) the amount will be rejected. If this happens you should file for the costs through the court so that it is set out. Sort of like parent will pay $2500 per year in section 7 expenses for xyz costs until abc date.

I still pay my ex child support in a reduced rate due to making more money than her even though I have 50/50 access. I pay my CS through FRO. We are to split our S.7 and extraordinary expenses 50/50. Right now she’s telling me she can’t afford it even though I pay her CS.

Comment

Has she provided proof of income?

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              Has she provided proof of income?

She has a full time job.

Comment

Im not sure how it works for the support payor to have FRO go after the recipient. You may need a new order outlining the amounts they owe you or an order stopping child support as you pay all s7.

The only other option is to not do s7 expenses or make her pay them.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X