Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the OCL have access to Our Family Wizard??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the OCL have access to Our Family Wizard??

So- our investigator is moving towards completing her assessment. She was asking about scheduling our disclosure and I wrote back and requested it be in the afternoon, if possible, so my sister can give me a drive because I can't drive due to a broken ankle.

She said absolutely and said "sorry about the ankle- I read about it in your OFW messages". say what? That sounds like she's reading our OFW correspondence. Which is not a problem since I assume anything I write on there can be used in court at any point.

But I had no idea that they did this. Am I being paranoid? did my ex send her messages?

I didn't ask about this- because I didn't want it to seem like I'm paranoid (I kinda am now. lol)..and that I'd be changing my behaviour.

It doesn't make a difference really, but I'm just curious if they have this access?

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
    But I had no idea that they did this. Am I being paranoid? did my ex send her messages?
    Probably the case that the other parent provided all the content on OFW as part of their disclosure to the OCL.

It doesn't make a difference really, but I'm just curious if they have this access?
    You can grant third-party access to the content in OFW but, it requires the consent of both parties I believe. More than likely you are correct and the content was provided by the other parent directly and not through any other means.

Comment

So- our investigator is moving towards completing her assessment. She was asking about scheduling our disclosure and I wrote back and requested it be in the afternoon, if possible, so my sister can give me a drive because I can't drive due to a broken ankle.

She said absolutely and said "sorry about the ankle- I read about it in your OFW messages". say what? That sounds like she's reading our OFW correspondence. Which is not a problem since I assume anything I write on there can be used in court at any point.

I didn't ask about this- because I didn't want it to seem like I'm paranoid (I kinda am now. lol)..and that I'd be changing my behaviour.

Wow. I was told by my OCL clinician she is not able to look at or review anything unless it’s been served On the other party through counsel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
        Wow. I was told by my OCL clinician she is not able to look at or review anything unless it’s been served On the other party through counsel.
        That is what a "good" OCL social worker should do... Few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
          That is what a "good" OCL social worker should do... Few and far between.
          Whats the reason for this? Shouldn't the OCL have all the info like the BS emails between the parties, to get the bigger picture?

Comment

So. Just had our second session with the co parent counsellor and turns out- yes, the OCL investigator did ask my Ex for his OFW login credentials and he gave it to her. So yes she’s been reading our messages and no, no one informed me.

I don’t know what to think now. Isn’t she obligated to ask me/ inform me?

Comment

So. Just had our second session with the co parent counsellor and turns out- yes, the OCL investigator did ask my Ex for his OFW login credentials and he gave it to her. So yes she’s been reading our messages and no, no one informed me.

Well I suppose If you needed to fight the report you could use this? My ocl won’t look at anything unless it’s in the continuing record.

Comment

She is most likely seeing for herself how the parents communicate in order to base an opinion on Joint Custody. I don't see the difference between sharing emails on My Family Wizzard, then regular email i.e. gmail should one party want share them with the OCL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
                  Well I suppose If you needed to fight the report you could use this? My ocl won’t look at anything unless it’s in the continuing record.

Its crazy how everyone has such a difference experience with them. You would think they would have a standard protocol. It seems they have different "rules" for each case.

I would hope in your situation Mom 2 Two, they would dig deeper than whats written in the nasty affidavits.

Comment

LOL. You've been talking to the OCL this whole time? That's a good one.

I wouldn't worry about it. Let them read all they want.
                    Last edited by tunnelight; 01-10-2019, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tunnelight View Post
                      LOL. You've been talking to the OCL this whole time? That's a good one.

I wouldn't worry about it. Let them read all they want.
                      It *would* be funny if it didn't sit so off with me...

but you're right- I'm not going to worry about it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X