Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are you trying to pick a personal argument with me Mess?

I simply made a comment to the effect that, in my opinion, CS seems to be SS in camouflage and you come after me personally. I am not a 'door mat' and I most certainly DO stand up for myself. If you think I am too sensitive then that's just fine with me. Laughable really.

When people chime in about distaste for those who ask for SS, am I not entitled to express my personal opinion?

There are going to be people on here that disagree with you and other points of view Mess. If you don't like it then maybe you should log off when you come to a post that gets you upset. If it's too close to home for you then I guess I can understand.

Now I can understand if you're bitchy because you didn't get the wishbone this Thanksgiving.

There will be other birds for you to pick apart and fight over.

Comment

Let it go, arabian.

Comment

Once again... cs is the right of EVERY child as they can not support themselves. As a grown ass woman...you should be able to. If you need to try and compare the two to try and help yourself feel less lame tgen so be it. However...ss and ss receivers appear lame to everyone else but those receiving it apparently.

I dont see anyone trying to pick a fight with anyone. What I do see is an "adult" who gets very defensive whenever anyone brings up how ss is from the middle ages.

Comment

I'm pretty much the only one on here who ADMITS to receiving SS.

Interesting.

Comment

I don't understand how you can generalize about spousal support. Some people genuinely sacrificed and suffered for their former spouse's economic benefit; those people are entitled to some form of return on their investment of time and effort, even if the paycheques were in the other spouse's name. Other people hitched themselves to a high earner and now assume that this means they're entitled to live off that person indefinitely. Without knowing the details of each case, I think it's impossible to issue blanket statements about spousal support.

Child support is different - the right of the child is the right of the child, no matter what the circumstances of the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
              I don't think anybody with half a brain will disagree with that Some of us that actually give a toss about our kids, and had to go the length to get that equal time, already do that anyway.......

In the same breath, how about we aim for instilling self-esteem, self sufficiency, discouraging entitlement mentality, being independent into GIRLS, so they can become WOMEN who further break that glass ceiling???

Offensive Oink.

This self-sufficient woman who doesn't collect spousal support, who in fact REFUSED to consider the idea of spousal support, is doing a fan-tastic job of instilling independence in my daughter.

It would also be great to instill some character as well - you know like .... taking care of responsibilities, life isn't always fair, paying what you owe, taking care of the children you bring into this world, honesty and dependability.

It's unfortunate that every step I take positively in that direction with my daughter is erased by the backwards negative steps taken by a "father" who has a chip on his shoulder, a 20 grand arrears statement and no interest whatsoever.

Had to be said. Not every woman out there wants, needs or gets spousal support. And many of those that do, deserve every penny of that support.....

It also has to be said - it's an unfair world we live in. Women make far less than men, that's just the way it is I'm afraid. It's only been 40 so years since woman started taking a stand in this area, and there's significantly further to go.

I currently make the same (yes EXACTLY THE SAME) amount of money as I did in 1989 as a summer student in car parts factory. I now have a significant amount of education, which has given me exactly the same amount of money as a traditionally male job did 24 years ago, before the education.

Unfortunately, men are responsible for the "glass ceilings", pay scale problems, etc. Historically, men were in charge. Currently, men are in charge. Maybe it's up to the men to do something now? We're educated, ready and willing to do your jobs at the same rate of pay you get.

Comment

Not really MS,

The replies on here back up my point, which by the way was in response to what someone else said about instilling stuff in boys for when they become men.

Are you now saying that girls should not be brought up to be self sufficient, and instead rely on men? I hope you are not by the way because you will be taking women back decades

BOLD 1: That is true and we have a few women on here like that e.g Rioe and takeontheworld to nmae a couple

BOLD 2: That might be true to some extent, but in my line of work, a fellow female of the same stature, EARNS THE SAME AS ME!

BOLD 3: Not to patronize you, but what level of education are we talking here? If it is a university degree, I find that hard to believe that you are earning the same now like you did back in 1989

BOLD: Not all women are created equal, some are more go-getters than others...same goes for men really. It's all about work ethics, and the sooner you teach your kids, the better for them really.

I had a job from age 10yrs...milk round, car wash, shelve filling in grocery store etc. You want something, mum and dad asked what you are willing to do (chore wise) in return. I am not sympathetic to any teenager that feels the need to entitlement because I see their peers bursting their balls and crutch out there at Timmies and mickey dee
                BOLD 1: I don't know of any women in my life outside of this forum who collect spousal support. Not one. I do know many women though that would deserve it if they split up.

BOLD 2: Well, aren't you lucky to be in a line of work where equal pay prevails. I submit you are in the minority.....

BOLD 3: I have two degrees and a post-graduate diploma. And yes, I make exactly the same as I did in a unionized car parts factory in 1989. Hard to believe for many of the men out there...not so difficult for many of the women I'm sure. $20/hr sounds reasonable in a car parts factory for 1989 as a student - approx 80% of the full time wage plus a crap shift premium. Unskilled labour.

Now I have a quiet office job - making $42000/a. Sounds reasonable again doesn't it?

Comment

[QUOTE=oink;151224]That will teach you not to go round offending people...I can assure you it wasn't Moi

Your EX perhaps?

He lives in the Middle East,,,atleast thats what he told me. I can't imagine he would fly all that way just to ram into me. Now if it was closer to our trial date...I might agree.

Comment

Not really MS,

The replies on here back up my point, which by the way was in response to what someone else said about instilling stuff in boys for when they become men.

Are you now saying that girls should not be brought up to be self sufficient, and instead rely on men? I hope you are not by the way because you will be taking women back decades

BOLD 1: That is true and we have a few women on here like that e.g Rioe and takeontheworld to nmae a couple

BOLD 2: That might be true to some extent, but in my line of work, a fellow female of the same stature, EARNS THE SAME AS ME!

BOLD 3: Not to patronize you, but what level of education are we talking here? If it is a university degree, I find that hard to believe that you are earning the same now like you did back in 1989

BOLD: Not all women are created equal, some are more go-getters than others...same goes for men really. It's all about work ethics, and the sooner you teach your kids, the better for them really.

I had a job from age 10yrs...milk round, car wash, shelve filling in grocery store etc. You want something, mum and dad asked what you are willing to do (chore wise) in return. I am not sympathetic to any teenager that feels the need to entitlement because I see their peers bursting their balls and crutch out there at Timmies and mickey dee

A bit of hardwork doesn't kill anybody, it makes you stronger. I worked at the Toyota car plant in Cambridge Ontario for a bit years ago doing night shift, I also worked at Canada post in the GTA doing nigth shift..so I know what hard labour is.

All this being said...I put myself through university twice for two different degrees (yes I paid)..shocker I know right.

I too worked at Toyota - however, this isn't what I refer to when I refer to car parts factory. I worked there a couple of years ago, in medical, taking care of WSIB, etc. Yes, I made less there per hour than I did in the car parts factory in 1989. That's Toyota contract world for you.....

I assure you, I am not the only one in this scenario....many women out there are working well below their capabilities, well below their desired or deserved wage.

Right now I'm in another male dominated industry. At my last job, they hired on a man with less qualifications and far less experience than myself - at $10000/y more than me. That's why I'm not there anymore.

Men are doing the hiring in these industries, men are making the decisions on what people make.

Comment

[QUOTE=oink;151273]
                      Originally posted by takeontheworld View Post

What makes you think he needs to be there to make this happen? Duh

In this modern age, you can cause havoc without physically being in a certain place....Hmmm, I think my work is getting the better of me here, or have been watching too many movies

Try watching some Mary Poppins...your imagination is running away with you...I must say though, when things got "bad", I would always keep blinds and curtains closed, doors locked, checking vehciles before I got in them, etc. Alas, Mary Poppins cures everything.

Comment

[QUOTE=oink;151280]
                        Originally posted by takeontheworld View Post

I prefer the sound of music personally.....I even visited this when I was in Vienna just to live it, the same I way I did for Mozart...sad I know

Salzburg...do you know what I found so funny...those damn umbrellas they sell EVERYWHERE with music notes on them. That town has become extremely touristy. The country is beautiful though.

Comment

I was in HR in the last job. Payroll for Unionized Construction. So, when he was hired, if they wanted him paid, someone needed to tell me what the wage was. Which, again is why I'm not there anymore.

Comment

Prague is awesome also. but whats up with all the prostitues? And whats up with all the Roma Gypsies asking for money in parking lots?

Comment

Anyway.......

Comment

Just to clarify....

I don't want you thinking I don't have sympathy, but my mother decades ago raised 5 kids jointly with my father, whilst she went to Nursing school in the evenings. So you can see where am going with this

BOLD 1: No doubt, and don't think am oblivious to this fact. My sister who is Barrister just like her husband, earns less than he does for doing the same work. My other sister is a different career field, same story

BOLD 2: That is all too common, but you have the choice to look elsewhere, and perhaps update your skills. By the way, how did you know the person "has less quals"? Obviously not something HR discusses with employees
                                Your mom must of been quite a woman. Not all of us are cut out to be nurses though ..... nursing is a field that pays equally.

So, you are aware of the drastic discrepancies and unfairness in wage rates out there?

You see, this is my dilemma - if wage rates were fair and equitable, one could assume that if two people were in the same field, spousal support would not be payable to either, right? But, you highlight here that isn't the case - with your sisters......

Maybe the problem isn't so much spousal support - as it is inequality in pay? It's no secret to anyone women continue to get paid less for the same and they don't move up the corporate ladder like men do. So, isn't it men that are primarily responsible for the spousal support you pay ... maybe not YOU specifically - but, its a historical wrong that you now have to pay a price for. Also, you chose your ex-wife - with all the education she does or does not have.

Just because women are now entitled and able to do the same work as men, doesn't make it so.....I see that all the time in union construction. Sure, there's a few women around, but certainly not a representative share. And, I have yet to come across a female unionized foreman, with all the benefits that brings.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X