Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace bond

Hi,

My ex's lawyer is coming up with the issue that he has peace bond and he is a threat to my son and her and that is the reason we should not give my son to him for parenting time .

What is the best response I should give when I meet the judge?

It is my first charge and my ex has done this to just to separate me from my son and she is holding my son.

Regards

SSHAN

Originally posted by sshan View Post
    peace bond
    Peace bonds seem to be bad news. I would be careful about signing any peace bonds that could impact custody arrangements.

It is my first charge
    So, you've only assaulted your ex once?

and my ex has done this to just to separate me from my son and she is holding my son.
    Well, two possibilities:

A) You really did assault her.

If so, you are probably going to lose in court horribly. You did this to yourself, and you deserve it.

B) It is a fake charge.

This is why fathers need to always carry around recording devices during the divorce process. A false domestic abuse allegation is easy to make and devastatingly effective. It is also risk-free for the mother, since she will not face any consequences if it is shown that she lied.

If this is the situation, you are kinda screwed, and I feel badly for you. Of course she did it just to separate you from your child, but family court is not a place where good people win.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

If this is the situation, you are kinda screwed, and I feel badly for you. Of course she did it just to separate you from your child, but family court is not a place where good people win.

I didnt have the money to fight and it will take 11 months for trial so I accepted it so what can we say to the judge to convivence him so that I can see my son ?

Regards

SSHAN

Comment

You ask for supervised access to commence immediately. You can ask for one of your relatives or friends to supervise or a priest. Supervised access is not meant to be permanent. Your relatives, friends or priest should document if the visits went well or not and then in the future you can use that expand your access. Supervised access in an access centre was an option pre- Covid but I don’t know if they are all closed now. My ex assaulted our children and got supervised access, you assaulting your wife is seen as far less serious by the court than someone who assaults the children.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you once again for the response. In the peace bond ( 8 months ) it is mentioned that I can see my son through a third party ( like friends or families ) my ex took my child and fled somewhere in Toronto and she is hiding my son from me . I hope judge will look into it.

Regards

SSHAN

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post

So, you've only assaulted your ex once?
            curious about this part too. What were the charges?

Comment

Hi,

Thank you once again for the response. In the peace bond ( 8 months ) it is mentioned that I can see my son through a third party ( like friends or families ) my ex took my child and fled somewhere in Toronto and she is hiding my son from me . I hope judge will look into it.

Regards

SSHAN
              Didn't you say in another posting that your ex went to Scarborough and told you that you had to pick up your son from there?

Comment

Hi,

There was yelling from both of us and she called 911.

My lawyer went through the 911 call with me and told me there was no witness or any injury from the medical report and her answers to the call were not matching to the call as she was lying but the judge gave me record suspension and later my lawyer told me he will get a peace bond for 8 months and I will be allowed to see my son through the thrid party.

Regards

SSHAN

Comment

Hi,

Didn't you say in another posting that your ex went to Scarborough and told you that you had to pick up your son from there?

Yes but I'm not sure whether it is Scarborough or sone other place in Toronto

Regards

SSHAN

Comment

Hi,

There was yelling from both of us and she called 911.

My lawyer went through the 911 call with me and told me there was no witness or any injury from the medical report and her answers to the call were not matching to the call as she was lying but the judge gave me record suspension and later my lawyer told me he will get a peace bond for 8 months and I will be allowed to see my son through the thrid party.

Regards

SSHAN
                    Doesn't really answer what you were charged with though. I mean- obviously that is your private issue. But it can also depend on what you were yelling and whether there is a credible threat.

Also- doesn't a record suspension mean that you were *actually* convicted of something?

It sounds like there's enough of something that you would be viewed as a credible threat. Start with supervised access. Prove you're not a threat. Find someway to get therapy- if you're employed maybe an EAP program.
                    Last edited by iona6656; 03-22-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Hi,

The charges were dropped without trial and peace bond was given.

Regards
                      SSHAN

Comment

Why do you keep asking what he was charged with when he says it was a fake charge? She could have accused him of murder or rape or assault, the point is that the crown felt there was insufficient evidence for the claim.

Comment

Originally posted by helenj View Post
                          Why do you keep asking what he was charged with when he says it was a fake charge? She could have accused him of murder or rape or assault, the point is that the crown felt there was insufficient evidence for the claim.

Actually they didn’t he plead out with a peace bond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by helenj View Post
                            if they didnt have enough evidence then he would of gotten off with no peace bond or anything on his record.

Comment

Hi,
                              I am in a situation close to this, she called the police one after I throw out some snacks on the flour, few came on her when she tried to stop me. she confirmed many times she is safe, and she was in main floor, and I was upstairs, no injury, no ambulance, no medical help needed, the crown offered a peace bond without "no contact" stated. my lawyer advised to accept it, and this is the best outcome, he just downloaded the discloser, and the Peace bond terms. According to your post, it looks better not taking the risk. please share your thoughts. thank you

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X