Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering ss if ex recohabitates

hi

from my understanding when an ex remarries/repartners the non compensatory side of SS will decrease.

Right now we are still interim x 4 years as they are dragging heels

Ex BF has essentially moved in and I likely will have to go a PI route. The kids basically told me, but the ex loves to lie.

The BF i believe still has his own place and may be selling to roommate or renting his part of house out.

My question, what are the factors to meet a threshold to make this relevant to lower SS in any way?

For example, if it was someone on wellfare it will not matter.

He has a job and I would imagine is contributing financially to the house.

I would most certainly put a clause in final order about any future support obligations upon repartnering as I have seen cases where a support recipient was dating a fellow before final order, married the guy and it was deemed this was not a material change as it should have been contemplated at the time of signing the order.

and again...i cannot simply settle the file

I have to bring a motion for her to produce her tax returns and NOAs...it's that much lack of cooperation and bad faith negotiations

Comment

PI's are usually a waste of time. If you can retain a PI then, you can retain the likes of Harold Niman. These are hard questions for folks who can't afford a lawyer to answer and figure out to be frank. All questions at a level that are best posted to very experienced legal counsel.

https://nimanmamo.com/team/harold-niman/

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X