No announcement yet.

Nosey EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What seems like him trying to be controlling about the 30 days notice of spending any of the money may simply be his way of trying to stay in touch so that he isn't cut off from his daughter.

What I think you need is to have an agreement that satisfies both your needs for future financial independence.

So if the house sold tomorrow for the appraised value, his share would be about $45k after taxes? And he owes $50k for his share of family debt that he isn't paying and you are on the hook for? Tell him you'll call it even if he gives up the 30 days notice thing. He signs whatever is needed to get the house solely in your name and presto, financial separation.

This whole dealio has zero to do with child support. You recognize that there isn't a court in Canada that can force CS out of him, based on where he lives, and hopefully he'll make payments now and then anyway.

Comment

no biggie as he has another passport
      Are you canadian? You seem to underestimate the value of a canadian passport in the world. Arabs spend tonnes of money trying to get citizenship here.

Personally, I would focus on letting him now you will do as much damage to him as possible in terms of citizenship, travelling etc....

Maybe one day he'll be travelling to a hague signatory country and you can have him arrested there....

Comment

Yes I am and a Newfie to boot.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X