Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2020, 11:51 AM
Malaika Malaika is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 19
Malaika is on a distinguished road
Default Procedural Motion

Hello everyone,

Im currently dealing with the your typical control freak kind of woman in a separation procedure. Basically its been almost two months now that shes with-held our child(no access time) and she actually believes that she has final say in whether our child spends time with me. Before this , she had made an offer to settle, which was in her favour obviously and i accepted. However with the agreement being in email form, we hadn't yet attended court to sign it. After just two weeks into the agreement, she discovered from our child that i have another woman in my life, and that our child has a new "friend' (my new woman has a child). She then ended all access time and decided to waste more time in court. Mind you, we had a settlement conference in Nov and the judge was almost angry at her for not wanting to settle anything . Her reasoning was that she spent money on a lawyer and i was unrepresented. Because lawyers are not cheap, she finds it unfair that i didnt spend money on the case.

I know i have to book a procedural motion, but i dont know how to. Can somebody please provide a step by step advice of how to set up a motion (asap) before the case management trial (not yet set)..?
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:14 PM
Kinso Kinso is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 276
Kinso is an unknown quantity at this point
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:06 PM
Gilligan Gilligan is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 267
Gilligan is on a distinguished road

Really not sure that this is a procedural motion type of situation. My understanding is that procedural motions are more about "process", such as disclosure or missing documents. You are really looking to maintaining an access schedule. You can try for an Emergency motion if access is withheld entirely, but I'm thinking you might be stuck with a standard motion which may take time to resolve... ensure you state that it is a false status quo.

Good luck... I know the type
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confused about Motions - Can ex respond to motion with a motion? opticnerve Divorce & Family Law 2 08-18-2019 02:21 PM
CS Update Procedural Motion TheDailyDad Divorce & Family Law 7 07-16-2018 03:51 PM
procedural motion question hacpier Divorce & Family Law 2 06-23-2011 09:21 PM
Motion filed - What do I do? Fresh Starts Divorce & Family Law 5 05-18-2010 03:46 PM
Appropriate Procedure gooddadgoingmad Divorce & Family Law 4 02-19-2006 03:44 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 PM.