This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visits

My kids are 11, 9 & 7 everytime they go to there dads they want to take there gameboys and games if not that something else. I have a hard time with this because I have paid for it I have to make sure everytime they come home that all the games are there etc. I have tried explaining to them that they need to leave it here at our house but they ask me all the time to take something, because dad doesn't have anything to play with that they like. Then I feel bad because I want them to enjoy there stay and not be bored. Am I wrong to feel that they should leave there stuff here? If I'm not how can I make them see why I want it to stay here. I hate this everytime they go there!!!!!!!!!! I think they are at the age that the should understand this???

I agree with your boys

Sorry, I agree with your boys. They should be allowed to take their things to the other parents home. I have this problem with clothes never coming back, but mine are 11 and 13 and I just tell them - I am not buying you anything else, bring your stuff home from Dads!

Comment

3 boys,

Although unrelated; the principle is the same:

My son has a habit of leaving his fleece coats, sweaters, hoodies etc at school day in and day out. He has been doing it for years. I use to get frustrated as he was getting to the point of having no coat in the mornings.

However, he did eventually start to bring them home when it got cool and their was nothing in the closet to wear. I guess this goes along with principle Sk8r has mentioned, I just refused to buy anymore until they were brought home. It has worked for well here.

lv

Comment

I've had the same issue with my boys..and although I was reluctant at first, the video games belong to them so if they want to bring them to Dads it is up to them.

They forget things all the time at their Dads, but after forgetting their video games a couple of times and just about dying from boredom they have learned to remember to bring them back with them.

In fact, Dad seeing how much his kids love their games by lugging them back and forth every visit he bought them their own game console for his house and they all have a lot of fun kicking the Dads butt playing games together..lol

Comment

And lv...I think there is some genetic component with kids and leaving their jackets at school..my eldest son has clothes for about every season in his locker...lol
          He even came home one day in January at lunch wearing gloves but no jacket!!

Now if he forgets his jacket at school he has to walk back to school to get it..he's figured out now that its a lot easier just to bring it home the first time..lol

Comment

Thanks for your responses.

I don't mind if they take there gameboy SP's ( cost $90) were bought when ex lived with us, or if it was just a game to take to play on his system. It does however bother me when it is my son's new PSP (cost $250) (dad is not very responsible to make sure it is looked after) and I won't be replacing it if it does get wrecked. And they know that.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X