This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note-taker

How do I get permission to bring someone into my case conference to take notes for me. I am self rep and tried to look it up with google but can't seem to find it.

Thanks

doesn't hurt to just ask ... lol

Comment

Lol very true... I'm new to this and never made it for our first case conference because ex wasn't ready so I'm very unsure as to how things go. Would I just bring her with me and ask the judge?

Comment

Originally posted by Tank2 View Post
        How do I get permission to bring someone into my case conference to take notes for me. I am self rep and tried to look it up with google but can't seem to find it.

Thanks
        Just bring digital voice recorder - the best note taker !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
          Just bring digital voice recorder - the best note taker !!!!
          Recordings are not permitted in most courtrooms...

Comment

Originally posted by Tank2 View Post

Thanks
            Case Conferences are open to the general public, and you are allowed to bring people in with you to sit in the gallery. A person could take notes for you if you want... you shouldn't need special permission.

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post
              Recordings are not permitted in most courtrooms...
              you are wrong
              as I was little while ago
              check Canada Court Watch | A program of the National Association for Public and Private Accountability (N.A.P.P.A.)

they have a lot of stuff on the topic ...

A guide to recording your own court hearing
              Last edited by WorkingDAD; 05-09-2011, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post
                Case Conferences are open to the general public, and you are allowed to bring people in with you to sit in the gallery. A person could take notes for you if you want... you shouldn't need special permission.
                Sometime the judge will ask people in the gallery if they are related to the parties in the case(s) being heard (it has happened to me). Just be prepared with an answer for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by iceberg View Post
                  If you do not mind me asking, why do you need the notes in the court room?
                  are you kidding? )) Have you being there ? I can pay attention to the 15 min of other lawyer speak and start falling to sleep )

then ordering transcript is expensive and take a long time...

I would say digital recording is a MUST MUST MUST...

I actually would ask why would you do not have notes?

Comment

If your memory is perfect, and your head completely calm and cool during the proceedings, then you don't need notes. Otherwise....

Comment

Unnecessary transcripts are expensive. I found making notes very beneficial, along with endorsements for recollection of how things went down.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X