Get back the money my former lawyer owes me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get back the money my former lawyer owes me

I got my former family lawyer's bill assessed and I won. The judge reduced my bill for about 1/3 plus my expenses for filing the bill assessment. now it's almost 2 months and the shitty lawyer (Gonen Snir based in Ottawa) still doesn't pay me. Could anyone please tell me what I can do to enforce him to pay me? should I initiate some kind of a motion to enforce it? any information is much appreciated!

BTW, I also encourage you to fight back if you think your lawyer is not being honest with the bill.

Probably small claims court.

Comment

yeah, seems like it. but not sure the exact procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
        I got my former family lawyer's bill assessed and I won. The judge reduced my bill for about 1/3 plus my expenses for filing the bill assessment. now it's almost 2 months and the shitty lawyer (Gonen Snir based in Ottawa) still doesn't pay me. Could anyone please tell me what I can do to enforce him to pay me? should I initiate some kind of a motion to enforce it? any information is much appreciated!

BTW, I also encourage you to fight back if you think your lawyer is not being honest with the bill.
        I am curious what and how you were able to contest? I understand if he wrote he was with you in court 9 hours, but in fact he was only 30 minutes, it could be contested, but how do you fight "writing this brief or this letter should've take 60% of the time"

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X