Publicly shaming Fathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
    You're throwing so much irrelevant, long-winded mud - again, complete nonsense.

Most don't rely on the ocl. Ss has nothing to do with this. Cs follows the child. Motions are needed; the extra conferences are your journey to trial. Judges prefer facts and truth, not friendly faces.

Court is free and relevant facts are all you need. If you should be with your kids, the judge will help you. If you need to amend your support, the judge will help you. Ignore court, and the judge will help you learn why that is wrong. FRO is not to blame either. They'll work with you if you're pushing the issue through court.
    you missing the point that it takes years before you earn back right to be with your kids. Great. Your kids just lived few years without their dad. I haven't ignored court, got more or less desired outcome in terms of custody, got extremely positive reports (multiple reports) from OCL. The question why my right to see my children was removed for 3 years?

There would've be way fewer cases to enforce by FRO if by default custody was shared until proven otherwise.

Comment

FRO collects the cs money ordered so ex's don't have to, and cs will always be paid, so blaming FRO for anything is wrong.

Even with your extreme case examples, upon separation one parent would still pay spousal and full table support, despite shared parenting. Until motion or most likely trial.

It's reasonable for an automatic equal financials, assets, debt - but shared parenting isn't common in marriage so to make it default upon separation doesn't seem right.

People still live the traditional marriage. People still choose jobs that have them on the road or away for periods of time. People don't want to parent (maybe moreso after the diaper phase). People abuse others or themselves. People assume an agreement is coming instead of going to court, while ex continues to parent everyday.
      Way too many reasons to list.

If you truly are a shared daily parent, proving it would not be hard. Similarly disproving to any false claims.

Comment

FRO collects the cs money ordered so ex's don't have to
        Way too much power, no true controlling independent appeal process. The way it should be if you lost your job, FRO can't touch you until they brought it to court and only judge should decide if/how to deal you.
        And the original topic. Posting pictures of parents who skipped the town (and likely country)? They won't read it. But their kids living in Canada and kids friends would.
        It's reasonable for an automatic equal financials, assets, debt - but shared parenting isn't common in marriage so to make it default upon separation doesn't seem right.
        Either we should say there is a gender equality, and allow in that case equal parenting from the very start until other side could clearly prove otherwise, or admit that courts are gender biased.

Comment

Originally posted by respondent View Post
          Way too much power, no true controlling independent appeal process. The way it should be if you lost your job, FRO can't touch you until they brought it to court and only judge should decide if/how to deal you.
          And the original topic. Posting pictures of parents who skipped the town (and likely country)? They won't read it. But their kids living in Canada and kids friends would.

Either we should say there is a gender equality, and allow in that case equal parenting from the very start until other side could clearly prove otherwise, or admit that courts are gender biased.

I really don’t understand where you get this idea that kids are looking at that site. Kids have so many other shit they are into going to the FRO site is not even on their radar. Not to mention that their mothers probably tout that this information is out there because their father is a criminal.

FRO is not as bad as you think. It’s a helpful tool and works quite well. You don’t have any issues if you update accordingly. It can even be done without a judge!

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
            I really don�t understand where you get this idea that kids are looking at that site. Kids have so many other shit they are into going to the FRO site is not even on their radar. Not to mention that their mothers probably tout that this information is out there because their father is a criminal.

FRO is not as bad as you think. It�s a helpful tool and works quite well. You don�t have any issues if you update accordingly. It can even be done without a judge!
            I got it from my very own kid (pre-teen), who instead of watching cartoons got to google and read hundreds cases on canlii before I even learned that this site exist.

As for FRO - I think I read you very own post in another thread that it would take them time to process the change and you need a court order. Maybe back few years ago going to a court within one month was possible. Today you need at least 8 months to get to court room. Without giving you a chance to explain in court why FRO shouldn't be taking action against you and show the material change, their actions aren't justified.

Comment

Actually, for an urgent matter like FRO suspending your license, you can get a quick date. There is a big difference. Not to mention you can work with FRo on a payment plan where you pay a reduced amount to keep yourself out of heavy arrears. The people who don’t take action are the ones bitching and moaning and I have little sympathy for those that put their heads in the sand and then whine about it.

Like I also said, there was a poster here who had his license suspended due to fuckshit from his ex. He got a date and had a temporary order in place for update. It took about a month as it was a separate matter than a motion to change. It got FRO off his back while the case was heard.

Your kid is not a set example. They are way too involved in your case if they are looking at canlii and that needs to stop. No parent should be involving their kid to the point where they are reading cases. Parents who keep their kids out of their mess don’t have them finding shit to tease others.

Comment

Your kid is not a set example. They are way too involved in your case if they are looking at canlii and that needs to stop. No parent should be involving their kid to the point where they are reading cases. Parents who keep their kids out of their mess don�t have them finding shit to tease others.
                OCL brought it to judge (kid wasn't living with me at that moment nor seeing me despite court order, and per kid interview with OCL it wasn't mother who introduced to canlii). Judge just ignored that comment from OCL completely. I am sure my kid isn't the only kid in Canada who has google and knows how to read.

I also read a lot - at least in novels kids who live with only one parent sometimes start searching for information about other parent. They want both parents, they curious about both parents, even if other parent is as bad as the other one tells.

Comment

OCL brought it to judge (kid wasn't living with me at that moment nor seeing me despite court order, and per kid interview with OCL it wasn't mother who introduced to canlii). Judge just ignored that comment from OCL completely. I am sure my kid isn't the only kid in Canada who has google and knows how to read.

I also read a lot - at least in novels kids who live with only one parent sometimes start searching for information about other parent. They want both parents, they curious about both parents, even if other parent is as bad as the other one tells.

Again, your kid is too involved regardless of who influenced them.

Novels are FICTION. Don’t hold out hope your life will be like that. Stop living in a fantasy world.

Comment

Just a reminder of the Forum Rules:

This is the Political Issues section, which means that pretty much anything goes.

However, personal attacks are not permitted.
                    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Again, your kid is too involved regardless of who influenced them.

Novels are FICTION. Don�t hold out hope your life will be like that. Stop living in a fantasy world.
                      Did you hear they have law course as elective in grade 9? They do discuss there family law in particular. I wouldn't be surprised if teacher wanting students to have best info will share that canlii.

Novels are inspired by real human feelings, behaviours and experiences. I knew few people who reconnected with their fathers well after 30 or even 40, searching for them for their entire life.

Comment

Wow. You really need to get out of your head.

Comment

Wow. You really need to get out of your head.
                          Just the title of this thread - "Publicly shaming Fathers" - despite in FRO they called it differently, society automatically assumes it as "Fathers". Not non-payors. Not mothers. But fathers.

Fathers are the one who spend years in courts and over 6 digits in legal fees dealing with courts and "friendly" FRO. Very few of them succeed and I think they earned the right to share their opinion.

Comment

Just the title of this thread - "Publicly shaming Fathers" - despite in FRO they called it differently, society automatically assumes it as "Fathers". Not non-payors. Not mothers. But fathers.

Fathers are the one who spend years in courts and over 6 digits in legal fees dealing with courts and "friendly" FRO. Very few of them succeed and I think they earned the right to share their opinion.

The poster who started this thread did so based on his anger and bitterness about his case. He was charged with sexually assaulting his ex and was fortunate to have that case ended due to a technicality not an acquittal. He then went on to lose his family law case despite taking it to trial. He has posted a number of threads to bolster his arguments that he had been treated unfairly. He was not treated unfairly.

Which is why many of my posts urge all parties to do some inward thinking, see a therapist and/or find a way to work through the emotions of divorce rather than behave in a way where you are so focused on the minutia rather than the bigger picture. Like harping about how a list of serious offenders is posted online. You just keep arguing over ridiculous things with crazy ideas when you should be focusing your energy on healing and moving forward.

And as for the argument that it’s always men…there may be a reason it is that way and it probably isn’t gender, it just happens to be the ones in question made this choice whereas women don’t go blathering about it online. Not to mention the men who are successful are focusing their energies in a healthy way. This forum is not a true data set on the balance of fairness in family court. It just happens to have a lot of angry men.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
                              If a woman moves out of home and takes kids, and tells dad "if you want to see your kids, you'll have to fight me in court"....then dad has to fight in court. When the kids are at stake, and mom files false allegations, then there is too much at stake to not hire a lawyer and do it right. Even if said dad were to call police, they would say "its a family court matter". Then dad has to go through the legal system to get proper access to his kids, at great cost, and at expense of not having proper time with kids. Meanwhile, mom collects Table CS during the years it takes to get through the court system. Often purposefully delaying.

Meanwhile, if dad were to take off with kids and tell mom "if you want to have proper access to your kids, file in court"...what do you think would happen? It would make the news. The system is biased. Unless you have actually experienced family court with your own kids, you are not in a position to comment.
                              it's weird that you think in this scenario- it's not costing the mom anything. Does she have a magic fairy legal godmother? I guess some qualify for legal aid- but not most don't.

And Table CS isn't paying anyone's legal bills for middle income earners.

You guys talk about family court like dads are the only ones that pay. Weird.

Comment

Again- mothers spend the same thing.

lol@"earning" the right. No one earns anything in family court- everyone just loses.

That website is for *PARENTS* who fail to pay the proper CS. Do you think they're just strategically hiding all the moms who don't pay up? riiiight. Or maybe it's just cause more men skip out? Who cares. People who don't take financial responsibility for their kids (male or female) generally suck as human beings.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X