do I have a chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Fool View Post
    The papers she filed with the courts show we have a verbal 50/50 agreement.
    she is going for best interest for the child.

One of the last time we talked she said that her boyfriend was moving out.
    What kind of papers are they? A court application? A notice of Motion? what?

What her boyfriend is doing is irrelevant.

Comment

court application

Comment

court application
        Ok.

What exactly is she asking for? Be very specific.

Have you filed a response yet? Due within 30 days I believe.

Comment

The papers she filed with the courts show we have a verbal 50/50 agreement.
          she is going for best interest for the child.

One of the last time we talked she said that her boyfriend was moving out.
          Your argument then is simple. It is in the best interests of the child to have a full and strong relationship with parents, and 50/50 is the way to go. Be prepared with documentation to show your 50/50, and that you are a capable and involved parent (like I said before, doctors appointments, etc).

Comment

She is asking for full custody, she wants for all holidays to make all decisions.

Comment

She is asking for full custody, she wants for all holidays to make all decisions.
              She can ask for whatever she wants to ask for, but you don't need to give it to her.

If you have 50/50 now, and its working, then why would you cave?

Counter with a parenting plan that includes 50/50, an alternating holiday schedule, and joint decision making.

Comment

claims to make and take our son to all doctors appointments, she had time off work to do so she was working odd hours.
                On the other hand I was the one that would stay home with him when he was sick and take him to the doctors when sick, calls from daycare even when he was with her.
                Sorry doing this from my phone :@

Comment

claims to make and take our son to all doctors appointments, she had time off work to do so she was working odd hours.
                  On the other hand I was the one that would stay home with him when he was sick and take him to the doctors when sick, calls from daycare even when he was with her.
                  Sorry doing this from my phone :@
                  You need to document this all. Times and dates.

Comment

Yes I still have to file a response

Comment

I still need to file a Response

Comment

A little about me
                        I have not been in a relationship for long time just for the past 8 mouths and I think its getting to her, I think our son is saying we are getting married, he's only 6 and the ex and I were together for 12yr.

Comment

A little about me
                          I have not been in a relationship for long time just for the past 8 mouths and I think its getting to her, I think our son is saying we are getting married, he's only 6 and the ex and I were together for 12yr.
                          Your relationship status, and hers, is not in the least relevent to court, though it can increase the tension between the parties.

Comment

This court thing was out of the blue. We hed good communication about our son but when she try to talk about us I shut her down.

Comment

This court thing was out of the blue. We hed good communication about our son but when she try to talk about us I shut her down.
                              You don't have to be rude, but you can and should refuse all communications that aren't about your son, or a proposal for a settlement, and the latter should be done in writing/email anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
                                She can ask for whatever she wants to ask for, but you don't need to give it to her.

If you have 50/50 now, and its working, then why would you cave?

Counter with a parenting plan that includes 50/50, an alternating holiday schedule, and joint decision making.
                                Best answer follow this advice.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X