Looks like I'm headed to trial too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I'm headed to trial too

Other side is not negotiating in good faith. The self-serving lawyer and pgt are both motivated to deplete the equity from our home. It's disgusting. The offer they put in was so bad, nobody in their right mind would accept it. On top of a lump sum spousal amount they added another huge lump sum of retro spousal of $90,000. In the end the total spousal I would pay is 30,000 more than the child support! So the child support would be complete wash. Reto spousal was not discussed in mediation. They added that in just for shits and giggles. It's unconscionable that they would pay me child support and then turn around and ask for all that money back plus another $30,000 in spousal. I could not sign it. So off to trial to let a judge decide and so lawyers can make more money. These assholes are forgetting I'm the one left with two small kids to care for on my own.

I’m so sorry. But at least there will be a resolution.

Just to let you know- it’s standard practice if mediation breaks down to go into litigation asking for EVERYTHING, including the shirt off the other party’s back. That’s why they’re going after retroactive support. Don’t take it personally.

Comment

Iona, the other side misled me. Agreeing to mediation when they had no intentions of reaching an agreement. They did it to milk more money. In mediation we reached a verbal agreement. A month later they presented the written offer that was nothing that was discussed. They did a full 360. So mediation was a waste of $15,000. They were not honest about their intentions to mediate. So mediation broke down and they were asking for the shirt off my back in mediation. So I get that is normal at litigation but they did this at mediation. Dishonest assholes. And it's not even my ex I'm negotiating with. He was deemed special party and has no voice. I'm negotiating with pgt and his crooked lawyer. The other party is the pgt not even my spouse. How effed up is this? Im divorcing the pgt! And both pgt and his crooked lawyer are having a grand ole time depleting the equity. Even the judge at the trial conference said this a unique and comp!icated case. They have allowed 3 to 4 day trial. It's not complicated! My ex spouse says to my lawyer offside, he doesn't want spousal! But since he is deemed special party, he can't participate. The pgt speaks on his behalf but doesn't consider what he wants because by law what he wants doesn't count. It's just ridiculous. It's a movie in the making or at least a book.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X