Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:26 AM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road
Default 3rd Request for 4 way meeting.

I know some of you have said this is complete waste of time. I have declined the first two requests so far. 3rd time S/C is rescheduled. Now itís in March. Ex has delayed OCL and they wrote a letter to the courts detailing why and whoís the cause of it. This is now been going on a year and we have only ever had the case conference which was useless.

Ex wants to discuss section 7ís at meeting. He still has arrears he refuses to pay even though our agreement states he owes it. Do I agree to meeting but only if he will agree to discuss everything? Or wait for OCL report and recommendations... itís so hard waiting and the optimistic side of me dreams that if we had a meeting we could resolve it all and be done with it!! But then the part of me who knows how unreasonable they are thinks itís still a waste Of time... wonít the settlement conference judge wonder why I keep declining these meetings?? Will it look bad on me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2019, 08:10 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

I think its also important to note that this started when you filed a motion to update cs and to have the s7 enforced. S7 included agreed health costs, education costs and sports dad insisted they play. His retaliation was 50/50 after 8 years of status quo triggering an OCL report he spent two months avoiding. He has also been unreasonable about agreeing on anything and creates unnecessary conflict that has led to increased anxiety attacks for one of the kids.

I still say no meeting until he pays his arrears. He agreed to those costs. Getting a live in gf doesnít mean he can suddenly stop paying. Youíre already debt in debt. A 4 way meeting will cost and additional $500-1000.