X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm being denied access...things worse than ever

Hello everyone!

Well I've been away from the group for quite some time and am happy to be back posting. I"ve been back in NL for several months now and I regret to say that ex has only gotten worse since my return. I've only seen my son twice and for a month now I cannot even reach him on the phone.

After I arrived home I spent about 10 days leaving messages and trying to reach ex to arrange to see my son. I was unable to even get her to pick up the telephone. So I then wrote a nice detailed letter to her and sent it through registered mail....and I outlined some possible solutions and also noted to her that I have exhausted all methods of contacting her. Within two days I heard from her lawyer who wrote to me that because I have notplayed a significant role in my sons life for the eight months I was in the arctic working, they fear he will not be comfortable seeing me.....blah blah blah. Of course, my first response to this was that itj's because of ex's interference that I didn't play a role in my sons life!!! I tried everything to have a relationship with my son but was constantly ignored by ex who not once had my son call me despite being sent a pre-paid calling card so that it would not be an expense to her.

My most recent conversation with ex was terrible. I asked to see son and she replied that he did not want to see me and then she did something that I feel was completely horrible....she said, " ask him yourself!" and proceeded to put my 6 year old on the phone. I couldn't believe it! In any event, my son said he didn't want to see me!!!!! I was shocked....and so saddened. When I first arrived home he was so excited to see me but ex would not allow it. Now suddenly more than 2 months later, he does not want to see me. I know she is poisoning him......then again, perhaps my little boy does not understand why dad is home but is not spending time with him. He certainly doesn't know that his mother isn't allowing it......so I suppose all that he can think is that dad doesn't want to see him........so untrue and so sad. I have reached the pathetic point where I've literally begged ex to stop what she is doing. Alas, I think the woman has gone crazy with revenge or something.....she talks like a lunatic and is totally unreasonable.

I have an appointment with legal aid tomorrow and she tells me that we will have to go to court for an interim order. Yes, I've been lucky to get a legal aid lawyer now that I am unemployed....and she's quite the spitfire!!! Ha! Guess I'll find out how good she is.....

I've missed the group and I"m glad to be back. I don't have a computer at home but I'll head to the local library every so often to check in. Talk soon! Wish me luck!!!

P.S.
    Got a sweet settlement for wrongful dismissal in the arctic!!!!!

GDGM

Really sad to hear your story and I have the same situation as you, my daughter is controlled by my ex-husband too, I have no way to know how she is going till we done the agreement but I don’t know when the agreement can be done, since he is so difficult to communicate.

Just feel so sad about those kinds of parents who put a strong emotional abuse to those poor children!!!!!!!

Please let me know, did you get any chance to see you son or contact to him!

Comment

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. As a counselor I would really encourage you to have a counselor to speak to. I'm sure posting here will be thankful too! It sounds like you are just really confused and hurt. Don't pay too much attention to what your son said, he is young and honestly, shame on his mother.
      Just keep doing what you need to do. Your son will know. He is all that is important right now.

Lauren

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X