Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:54 PM

pearl4 is on a distinguished road
Default Power of Attorney?

My lawyer wants me to get a Power of Attorney to be able to come to court with me but I only have really my brother and he won't come unless his wife does too. I had a run in with her and I don't want to be pushed into anything I don't agree with and they are pushing. I said to my brother so if I don't agree you can override me and he said yes. They want to get it over with and he said your lawyer will best advise you and I do feel I need someone as of the pressure and intimidation I will be under but not sure what to do.

Any thoughts?