This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second mediation and advice

I wonder how many more fathers would have gone deeper in depression and lost all hopes if it were not for this Website.

This will be my second mediation date Nov 11. First one we agread on finances,50/50. But she refused to agree on 50/50 for custody. She got them by defacto, that, after we had an agreament to settle everything amicably including custody with the CAS. Because of my finances where I had to assume her dept load plus mine because she just up and left she claimed that I was unable to support them and was a psycho. This after telling the mediation lawyer, a children lawyer at that , that I was a good father too our kids. of course that goes without saying because I took care of them 75% of the time cause her friends and family were more important than ours.My lawyer decided to settle for an intrim agreement until the house was sold and I had a stable place to live. First off , was that the right desision to make ? Her claim is that I am depressed and can take care of the kids . All this is truthfully bullshit and she knows it. So I have to prove that I'm a very good dad and a sane person witch I will with our Doctors very good recomendation letter stating that my state of depression is to be expected and am mentaly strong to get thru this. Another very good recomendation letter from our marital counselor and an absolutly awsome final assesement letter from the head of the anger management program, that I put myself thru on my own, before our seperation.

In the intrim agreament witch I was the applicant, I got the kids every second weekend and one day during the week. She is telling everyone including our kids , and I have that part on audio where my 11 yrl son tells me she showed him the agreament, that she won custody of the kids because she has a stamped court order witch I never signed, and is going to mediation thinking this will not be an issue of discussion witch is the only remaining unsetled issue. Is she correct in saying that she already have custody of my children. My lawyer says she is just trying to get me going and putting pressure on me to screw up.

And how do you reach out to someone who is clearly infuanced by her mother and best friend, to do the right thing. My kids are 9 and almost 12 yrs old and the have told their mom and CAS that they want one week one week, CAS even agrees with the kids. I would like to think that I have been a very good father figure so I am confident when it comes to expressing my love, roll and my behaviours towards my kids. How do you communicate with someone who refuses to use comon sense, perhaps out of her own fears I agree but most likely out of anger and spite and wanting to get revenge.

Or do I have to hope a Judge will see thru her manipulation of the system.

Worried loving father.

thank you for sharing. the people in the world othat want to limit the time of a loving parent from their children are the lowest of the low. I always say what comes around goes around.

keep being a loving dad and be the best person you can be

God bless you keep being strong and FULL of love

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X