how should this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how should this work?

Partners child fell...broke her glasses...needs replacement...mother refuses to buy them...so he will pay the full amount...but how is this fair? He's already paying a hefty amount of child support.

Does he have benefits they can go under? Does mom?

Glasses are a section 7 expense if they are over $100. They have to be reasonable though—no $700 frames. Can the glasses be fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes to benefits..but cant use the glass part til mid May..because they are stuck on the "interim" agreement of two months.....(14 months ago) section 7 wasnt addressed...

Comment

Is buying the new glasses going to mean he is not going to eat this week? month?

Does his insurance have a health care spending account?

Does dad have an issue with buying glasses for his child so they can see?

Comment

No issues..

He will etransfer the money...its long and complicated...he has cashed in all the savings as he could..as he was on ei since September but kept paying his very hefty support payments. His disability has kicked in now so things will be ok.

Meanwhile his ex lives in a completely mortgage free house...gets more pension money then he does..based on the interim agreement that was supposed to be solved feb 2020..then covid cloded the courts

Comment

how old is the child? if young- just pay it.

invoice mom for her share...and when she doesn't pay; add it to the court documents. although- this sounds like something to just let go. Is it fair? probably not. BUT it sounds like there are bigger fish to fry in your matter.

Comment

Originally posted by canthisberight View Post
              Meanwhile his ex lives in a completely mortgage free house...gets more pension money then he does..based on the interim agreement that was supposed to be solved feb 2020..then covid cloded the courts
              You really need to let this go. He was married to this woman for a long time and accumulated assets. For various reasons she is entitled to ongoing support. If it was as simple as she is not entitled to anything and he’s just a poor broke schlep then it wouldn’t be going through court the way it is with stuff broken down how it is.

Kids break glasses. They lose retainers. They need extra stuff. They go to school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed with all points above...will be happy when its resolved and I have no issues...and never have with him sipporting his child.

I do have issues with the stalling to get it done..by his ex...for 3 years next month

Comment

Canthisbetight 3 years isn’t stalling. That’s run of the mill normal. I’ve now entered into my 10th year of unrelenting litigation because my ex stalls, adjourns and has generally been getting away with everything you can imagine. When you get to 10 years it’s evolved into a grotesque human rights violation . I have no words to describe it. Agony, torture, the stuff of nightmares; none of those descriptions even come close to describing what 10 years of unrelenting litigation is like. Count yourself lucky you’re only in your third year!

Comment

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
                    Canthisbetight 3 years isn’t stalling. That’s run of the mill normal. I’ve now entered into my 10th year of unrelenting litigation because my ex stalls, adjourns and has generally been getting away with everything you can imagine. When you get to 10 years it’s evolved into a grotesque human rights violation . I have no words to describe it. Agony, torture, the stuff of nightmares; none of those descriptions even come close to describing what 10 years of unrelenting litigation is like. Count yourself lucky you’re only in your third year!
                    Uughhhh..how do you afford this? I hope we /he/they can get it straightened out this year

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X