Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work from home is material change in child custody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work from home is material change in child custody?

My current company changes policy and offer everyone wfh policy. Is it a material change ? Ex has regular office job and kids are usually picked up by her parents. Current order is every other weekend and Wednesday, I wish I could have two days in weekday. Any idea?

Actually working from home may be a material change. The new policy itself is not.

You may have to show the court how you are available to care for the children despite having work obligations. This will be a function of age as well as the nature of your job.

Comment

I would think not. It doesn’t matter where you are working, it mattered that you are working. Working from home is still working. You are either going to actually work, and your kids are going to be taking care of themselves in front of the tv/video game or your not going to be working, instead taking care of them.

Comment

Since my kids are in school, instead get if putting them in day care, I am able to pick up them after school, and working for another 1-2 hours adfter work.
        Originally posted by denbigh View Post
        I would think not. It doesn’t matter where you are working, it mattered that you are working. Working from home is still working. You are either going to actually work, and your kids are going to be taking care of themselves in front of the tv/video game or your not going to be working, instead taking care of them.

Comment

Originally posted by thh1 View Post
          Since my kids are in school, instead get if putting them in day care, I am able to pick up them after school, and working for another 1-2 hours adfter work.

But who will watch the kids while you work an additional 1-2 hours? Be prepared to answer all these questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will work right beside kids 'bedroom 1-2 hours after kids go to bed.
            Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
            But who will watch the kids while you work an additional 1-2 hours? Be prepared to answer all these questions

Comment

I will work right beside kids 'bedroom 1-2 hours after kids go to bed.

you might be able to pull it off if you have good documented record of taking care of the children, and a judge who is not a feminist.

Comment

Nice, I hope the judge can take it as well and I will go for 50/50 eventually.
                Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
                I have used my flexible and working from home schedule to secure 50/50 and right of first refusal, completely eliminating daycare.

Comment

Nice, I hope the judge can take it as well and I will go for 50/50 eventually.

Why not go with it right away? If you don’t get it now you’ll have to show a material change to fight it in the future

Comment

We have a mediation next month, if she is agreed, I will go for fight. But thank you for the reminder.
                    Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                    Why not go with it right away? If you don’t get it now you’ll have to show a material change to fight it in the future

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X