Access exchanges during COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LovingDad1234 View Post
    This is the worst idea I've ever heard. You are simply going from 1 home, to car, to other home.

But to be honest, I would not be surprised if my ex were to try some BS like that. This week she has kids for March Break so my access is cut for the week, but i fully intend to send an email to suggest how we may divide the next few weeks. Why should she get 3 whole weeks with the kids at home, whereas otherwise they would be in school?
    Already started with my ex emailing me to ask what precautions I have taken before the kids arrive on Friday. She really believes she has this over arching authority. Yeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Abba435 View Post
      Already started with my ex emailing me to ask what precautions I have taken before the kids arrive on Friday. She really believes she has this over arching authority. Yeesh.
      Maybe she's actually just asking. It's hard to convey tone in an email. I think it's really important to believe the best about one another and try to pull together. Interpret everything in the most gracious way possible.

I imagine that if a child or parent is in the high-risk category, self-isolating, or already sick, that visitation might need to change under those circumstances; otherwise business as usual, with precautions? Also, perhaps it's best to discuss in advance what would happen if someone does get sick.

Comment

The whole message is bs. That’s what I’m saying. Kid can go back and forth. As long as your ex is social distancing and avoiding areas where community transmission is concerned then he should be safe. You start an issue by sending it to begin with. Don’t send anything. If your ex is concerned then they can make a judgement call at the end of their time.

I get that people are scared but creating an issue is counter productive. If you were willing to have the other person keep the kid then simply send a message saying “right now based on the situation and my living situation with my parents i think you should keep kid for 14 days and should any symptoms come up between the two of you in that time we can address it then”.

Comment

Originally posted by fairlight View Post
          Maybe she's actually just asking. It's hard to convey tone in an email. I think it's really important to believe the best about one another and try to pull together. Interpret everything in the most gracious way possible.

I imagine that if a child or parent is in the high-risk category, self-isolating, or already sick, that visitation might need to change under those circumstances; otherwise business as usual, with precautions? Also, perhaps it's best to discuss in advance what would happen if someone does get sick.
          After many years I know the tone. Impolite, unfriendly, confrontational. Old news.
          Asking is " Hi, I am worried about the kids no matter where they are. I would feel better knowing we are all doing whatever we can. I know this might be intrusive but I just need to feel confident. Are you ok with us sharing and tring to be on the same page"
          Not "what are doing to keep the kids safe and hygienic"
          I truly wish it were otherwise.

Comment

In follow up to my earlier message, my ex refused to release our boys to my care.He has worked them into a frenzy regarding the virus. I rang the doorbell and waited on the driveway. Ex came out saying the boys were refusing to come. One of them screamed "I am not coming! I am too scared!" About 20 minutes of back and forth and I have come home without my children. I stopped at the police station knowing they could not do anything but I have spoken with a police officer and at least he knows about the situation.

I am now in the process of dealing with this through lawyers. I have spoken with mine and she is attempting to reach his lawyer.

My sons called me shortly after I arrived home. What they said broke my heart. They both apologized for creating this situation. Wtf???? I have reassured them that I am not upset or angry with them, their dad and I will figure this out, and that I would see him soon.

Funny thing is there were many families on his street enjoying the outside riding bikes, walking dogs, etc. There's absolutely no reason for this to be happening.

So ya, tread carefully when it comes to exchanges. Do not create an issue where one really doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by cranberry View Post
              In follow up to my earlier message, my ex refused to release our boys to my care.He has worked them into a frenzy regarding the virus. I rang the doorbell and waited on the driveway. Ex came out saying the boys were refusing to come. One of them screamed "I am not coming! I am too scared!" About 20 minutes of back and forth and I have come home without my children. I stopped at the police station knowing they could not do anything but I have spoken with a police officer and at least he knows about the situation.

I am now in the process of dealing with this through lawyers. I have spoken with mine and she is attempting to reach his lawyer.

My sons called me shortly after I arrived home. What they said broke my heart. They both apologized for creating this situation. Wtf???? I have reassured them that I am not upset or angry with them, their dad and I will figure this out, and that I would see him soon.

Funny thing is there were many families on his street enjoying the outside riding bikes, walking dogs, etc. There's absolutely no reason for this to be happening.

So ya, tread carefully when it comes to exchanges. Do not create an issue where one really doesn't exist.

A parent who would try to get the police involved when her children directly refused to see her shouldnt even be allowed to see them. what a horrible horrible thing to do. do you have any idea how stressful that is for children to have police involvement?
              I commend their father for raising them right to realize that they should call an apologize, they have more character than you do.

Comment

A parent who would try to get the police involved when her children directly refused to see her shouldnt even be allowed to see them. what a horrible horrible thing to do. do you have any idea how stressful that is for children to have police involvement?
                I commend their father for raising them right to realize that they should call and apologize, they have more character than you do.

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
                  I commend their father for raising them right to realize that they should call and apologize, they have more character than you do.
                  The degree of judgement on this forum when complete information is not available is often disgusting.
                  The old adage about walking a mile in someone's shoes is apt.
                  Shameful.

Comment

Originally posted by Abba435 View Post
                    The degree of judgement on this forum when complete information is not available is often disgusting.
                    The old adage about walking a mile in someone's shoes is apt.
                    Shameful.
                    read your own posts first.

Comment

read your own posts first.
                      Please. Enough is enough.

Comment

Sahibgee -- your opinion of me does not matter. I went to the police station as many many many posters have suggested for various different reasons. I went to inform myself of which avenues were open to me. I knew they could not go to his house to remove them.

The issue here is not my going to the police station. The issue here is their father refusing to release them to my care for my patenting time during the March Break. He had now suggested we have a meeting in his home tomorrow with the boys present, as well as a police officer. So, please, tell me who is the "bad" parent here? Were the situation flipped, he would be going ballistic causing all sorts of bs. I on the other hand have informed myself as to what can and cannot happen. My lawyer is aware and we will be taking the appropriate steps to hopefully have my boys returned to my care as fast as possible.

So ya, piss off.

Comment

Thank you for your input, I'll take that into consideration;
                          There are three key factors why I thought of doing this.

1- the sick may not know for for days that they are sick and could be transmitting to others - that's one of the key reasons of the virus's fast and far reach. In Canada the reported cases doubled yesterday, The same trajectory as Italy!

2- my elderly parents with many health problems live with me and the virus coming to them could have dire consequences.

3- since our son started going to school we have always done exchanges at school/daycare and prior to that at access centres - those were on my instance because the other party has so far 6 false phone calls to the police, the first two times the police arrested me and I had to spend about 30k fighting false charges that were dropped before prelim - the lack of consequences only encouraged her to continue.
                          Since the courts are closed access centres aren't currently an option, send I am in no mood of having another round of police involvement.

I am certainly still considering your input but those are my reasons as of now
                          using your reasoning, your child could have it already but you are willing to expose your elderly parents. It could kill your parents. You are willing to put someone who is vulnerable at risk. If there is a risk your offer to the mom should be for her to have the child until this passes in order to protect your parents. If there is no risk then parenting times should stay remain as they are.

Comment

yikes. from what I remember from your other posts- this doesn't surprise me. Dad is a nutjob.

Do you guys parallel parent?

Comment

conbarry yeah you dont care about my opinion and then go on explaining your despicable act, lol

You have a lawyer, that was your avenue to know your options not the police, you could have had a very poor excuse if you did not have a lawyer, but the fact that you have a lawyer and still went to the police exposes your ill intentions. shame.

Comment

I commend their father for raising them right to realize that they should call an apologize, they have more character than you do.
                                conbarry yeah you dont care about my opinion and then go on explaining your despicable act, lol

You have a lawyer, that was your avenue to know your options not the police, you could have had a very poor excuse if you did not have a lawyer, but the fact that you have a lawyer and still went to the police exposes your ill intentions. shame.
                                Nearly everything you post on here reeks of control and abuse.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X