Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She does not live in Ireland

Comment

The child's father lives in Ireland does he not?

I'd have a BIG problem with this.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post

Only says he is "British" and Resides "overseas"

Comment

We are pretty certain. I have contacted legal aid in Ireland who say they can't give out individual details however if someone is in receipt of legal aid they say they notify the "other party" in case they wish to contest it. The chap on the phone confirmed nothing had ever been sent to my previous address in the UK. My husband (a Canadian Citizen born and bred) has written off to our MP to find out why this is allowed.

Comment

How on earth does one who lives "overseas" get Legal Aid Ontario when people in Ontario can't get help???????

If the wanker isn't a Canadian citizen then I'd have to say this is one of the most outrageous things I've ever heard on this forum.

Comment

Yes thats's correct arabian. We have contacted Legal Aid Ontario who won't discuss things with us so my husband has written off to his MP.

Comment

I agree with you all. It is outrageous indeed. I will keep you all posted as to what the outcome is. I don't want to go into too detail but this man is a cretin. I have been somewhat kind to his character in this thread in a bid to be factual.

Comment

Just remember, you need factual evidence of everything or your concerns will be totally blown off. Maybe your lawyer can do some discrete inquiring for you. I know some lawyer have license to practice law in more than one country but I've never heard of Legal Aid doing the same thing.

Sure let's just toss all of our legal aid resources to non-Canadians [sarcasm]

Comment

In terms of him not being involved in any of the extra curricular activities I can get notarized letters from the dance teacher, swim teacher etc. is this the kid of thing that would help? I also have a neighbour who has witnessed my child being forced into a car by him hyperventilating and numerous friends who have witnessed how verbally abusive he was and how often he would ring me to make threats (in front of my child). Would any of this actually help?

Comment

I was talking in terms of the legal aid thing (getting documentation).

Comment

Originally posted by Little Leprechaun View Post
                        In terms of him not being involved in any of the extra curricular activities I can get notarized letters from the dance teacher, swim teacher etc. is this the kid of thing that would help? I also have a neighbour who has witnessed my child being forced into a car by him hyperventilating and numerous friends who have witnessed how verbally abusive he was and how often he would ring me to make threats (in front of my child). Would any of this actually help?
                        Not likely.

Comment

I was talking in terms of the legal aid thing (getting documentation).
                          Ah ok. The case conference judge ordered him to provide full income details for the last year. This shows his and his partners income! My lawyer has copies of all of this!

Comment

I could be incorrect but Legal Aid provides certificates based on your income. Maybe he is merely using a lawyer who works for Legal Aid but is paying full price? I could see that if that is the case that all you probably would expect to receive is a letter back stating that the matter was investigated and they [MP] are satisfied that no policy has been breached. I certainly hope that is the situation in this case.

Sometimes people hire Legal Aid and then get a job or their income increases. Once they go through the allotted hours they would likely have to re-apply. I'm sure your lawyer would be able to do an inquiry without causing too much of a stir?

Comment

I'm 100% certain that he is in receipt of legal aid as it is on his financial statement. Says he pays $40 per month towards his legal aid bill! He has worked for the same company for the last 6 years too so no income has changed. Let's hope the MP gets back to us with an explanation. My lawyer said he can look into it but it's an added cost which we'd rather avoid. Especially as it's looking likely it will proceed to trial.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X