This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

benefit of the doubt

Hi I have given him the benefit of the doubt one too many times even now! as i see how it unfolds it doesn't make a difference if the kids are closer or not he still chooses to blame me for the break up the separation etc., he booked the vegas trip back in july

regardless, i just hope all of his lack of participation and parenting and definate lack of providing to his former spouse (me) and children will be noticed by his own lawyer and by the judge that is all i am not bitter or whatever anyone wants to call it i am just nervous that no one will see the bullshit and hell he has put us through i just for once would like to see him get held accountable for his lack of actions and his bitterness

i am happy to hear we are going straight to divorce it just couldn't be fast enough!!

Comment

Any good lawyer will advise you not to dwell on what he has bought the g/f, unless he claims undue hardship, and cannot for some reason or another pay c/s and/or ss, that is what he bought and debts comes into play and will be listed on his "financial statement" or should be (under gift, debt is purchased the truck on credit etc..)

Comment

Thank u

Haha thank you I'm sorry if I sound like I'm dwelling good lord that is not my intention. I guess my honest concern is that he won't be honest with his financial
        Disclosure or will delay and put it off to prolong the issues. Will they see his expenses should he claim undue hardship?

also how long after he gets served does the c/s start it would be nice to have a lil extra for the children before christmas

Comment

Originally posted by ringettteplayer View Post

also how long after he gets served does the c/s start it would be nice to have a lil extra for the children before christmas

Just becaue he is ordered to pay, does not mean he will. It takes FRO an extremely long time to garnish wages. My husband was ordered to pay almost 6 months ago and the FRO have still not even contacted him! He is paying ex directly in the mean time, btw.

Comment

I think you need to get assertive with your lawyer, make a list of questions and ask him/her when, how and why.

Comment

ringetteplayer: I am just stating the fact and REALITY of family law...there are some things lawyers and Judges don't look at....it is one thing to ask for C/S and there are guidelines in place to follow and according to one's income...but what he buys his g/f is another issue that might come into play but not necessarily. Sometimes the Judge do NOT see this BS but they are usually good judge of character as they see cases day in, day out and keep in mind, they have at least 25 years as a lawyer before becoming a "JUDGE", so I am sure they have seen and heard enough BS during their practise...
              Wife #2: you are correct, FRO doesn't rush. Employees still get paid even if you don't received any c/s payment. I have to ask "since FRO received the court order 6 months ago, why have they not garnisheed his wages? especially since there is an employee and SIN on file? with FRO, most of the time, you have to call them and ask why it has not been done. In my case took 1 month after receiving the order to take reinforcement action. They do have guidelines and procedures they have to follow which are not listed on their website and sometimes depeding on the case worker will not tell you and have to contact the Ombudsman of Ontario!!

Comment

Hi thanks for your replies,

I can't believe how I must sound jealous or bitter Im not I'm sad for my kids as they are missing out on their dad, time with him and the disposal income he has

C'est la vive

Once he is served tho won't maintenance take effect or does that still need to be ordered? A couple of months away from that road perhaps eh?

Comment

The caseload for any maintenance enforcement agency is staggering. Over 70,000 in Alberta last year alone. Best thing to do is have all your documentation lined up and if you do not get answers within the stipulated 31 days (or whatever) you phone, phone and phone. In my province I had to go in person to get some things straightened out (I don't think you can do that in Ontario though).

Many times cases are held up because the lawyer screwed up on the enforcement order, making it unenforceable. Collection actions are methodical and they are in place to give the payor the benefit of a doubt. However, if they don't follow da rules they can get crushed.

I don't believe bank account garnishees happen until many, many months of collection attempts. It's too bad for some as this just gives the dead beats an opportunity to hide. On the other hand, once they are caught they can eventually end up in jail.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X