Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

financial papers say 3 tax years, his says 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• financial papers say 3 tax years, his says 2?

ok question did my counterclaim of course did my ( F8 financial (B.C)
    I get his financials and why would his say 2 tax years when every other set of papers say 3.
    Am I crazy to think he edited the papers or are there other papers

p.s I have no lawyer he does
    thanks

Try writing your question clearly if you expect an answer.

Comment

financial statements

mine says
      B documents supplied
      every personal income tax return, including all attachments,that i have filed for the 3 most recent taxation years

his says
      B documents supplied
      every personal income tax return that i have filed for the last two (2) most recent taxation years

my question is shouldn't they say the same things?

Comment

Yes they should if that is what your form requires each party to produce.

You can ask for the missing year's return and any other financial disclosure that he has not produced within the timeline required. Regarding the missing tax return, his form should have said: "To be provided " or something like that. Returns can be ordered from CRA; they send out some kind of income summary.

If he is an employee, things should be straight forward as to income.

If he is self employed, you might want to get some help to determine his true income which is not likely to be what is on his Line 150.

Comment

When I notice it was reworded and papers did not match what i did. I wanted to double check.
          Thank you

Comment

There might also be resources in your province for self represented persons such as legal clinics or Legal Aid if you qualify.

Comment

The courts should not have permitted him to file without his previous three notices of assessment; did they obtain a procedural order to permit him to file with only two? If so, that could explain why they made the edit.

In any event, request the three notices of assessment or justification for why same cannot be provided.

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
                The courts should not have permitted him to file without his previous three notices of assessment; did they obtain a procedural order to permit him to file with only two? If so, that could explain why they made the edit.

In any event, request the three notices of assessment or justification for why same cannot be provided.
                Court clerks are easily duped by negative advocate solicitors. I can't tell you how many files I have seen now with filings committed to record by the clerks that do not meet the minimum requirements set under the Family Law Rules. Something that needs to be investigated by the Law Society possibly? Trial records, affidavits filed late even when endorsements are made for preemptive motions with clear filing times outlined by a conference judge.

For many negative advocate solicitors and crafty highly conflicted litigants the Family Law "Rules" are more of a "guideline" and they don't apply to them and their possibly highly conflicted clients.

Ignorance of the flagrant ignorance of the Family Law Rules really should be addressed but, by whom? If a party to the matter brings it forward it is on their dime and time that the violation of the Rules happened. Many throw excuses as to why it happened:

Some great ones I often hear:

1. I am a sole practitioner.
                2. I didn't know. / I didn't know what else to do.
                3. It won't happen again. Sorry.
                4. I have a large case load and didn't have time.
                5. My service provider made a mistake.

The list is actually longer but, not to bore everyone with the common excuses negative advocate solicitors and highly conflicted unrepresented litigants make. The Rules do not apply to highly conflicted individuals. The Rules do not apply to them...

Now, if lawyers who were say, educated on the behaviour patterns of negative advocate lawyers, they could champion the cause and bring much needed change to the problem. But, that would put them in a very tough place as their "friends" wouldn't be happy that they can't play their games with the court process and procedure anymore...
                Last edited by Tayken; 11-01-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I called the court today

So i called the court house the papers were filed just to ask them about it. All's I asked was do the courts allow one party to file only 2 tax documents.

And wow the lady took my head off wouldn't even let me finish asking where I could get a fax cover letter. " we just stamp them we have no control what people file " is what she said to me " Nothing like spending more money on long distance calls to be chewed out.

I did find the fax cover online and will be sending a request for the missing tax documents.

This was not the first time this has happen the first time was they let his claim go through without a response address for me to answer on.
                  It took me 4 days to finally get someone to look at the file. I was told send my papers to the court house and wait it out.

I did contact legal aid when the papers first came I was turned down because they said no legal aid for divorces. I have become a regular at the court house family counsel center.

Going to keep my head up and be sure I dot all my i's
                  thanks everyone

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X