This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time between Motions to Change

In February 2011 I thought items were resolved between me and my ex at a case conference. Minutes of Settlement were drawn up and the judge made it into an order. Since then there were some significant events that have occurred, and I filed a new motion to change in early May 2011.

I am self represented, and I went to lawyer for advice and he said that he wasn't sure if I could start a new motion to change within 6 months of the new court order. He looked into the rules, but he couldn't find the supporting items and he still thinks it is applicable.

My ex did not respond to the Motion to Change within 30 days. I am worried that she and her lawyer might be preparing some procedure to stop my motion because I filed it within the 6 months of the last order. If this is true, I might also be liable for costs.

Is anyone familiar with this? I am confused why the court accepted the application without mentioning anything about a 6 month requirement between orders. I am also surprised why the lawyer, experienced in family law, could not locate the rule or statement about 6 months. He said it is to stop people from filing repetitive or frivolous motions.

If there is a 6 month rule, would my ex be in trouble for not responding to my Motion?

Any help of insight would be appreciated.

A question
    What on earth is so important that you are compelled to go back into the freak show called family court?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X