This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bee in Bonnet

Well Bill I see you have a bee in your bonnet this evening.

I agree the money is his to spend as he wishes......but don't come knocking when the money is gone because this bank is closed!

His lawyer would like to set spousal support at $1.00 that will off set his child support of $1.00. I would be happy for 0 and 0 and say see you later because you can't get money out of a stone.......while I on the other hand will be working and supporting our children (orthodontists, sports and college/university) for a very long time. At least I can hold my head up and know that I have done the my very best.

Comment

Originally posted by stressedby-X View Post
      I
      Just as an aside he took 25K out of open money when he left and it was gone rather quickly. On equalization I owe about 130K but my lawyer wanted to hold some in trust for Child Support because our kids would never see a dime of that money. This I know for sure.
      You said in an earlier post that he was a great dad etc. Everything seemed to change when his father died. He used alcohol as self medication for the depression. If he gets the help and deals with his issues he could be that same man again. From your comment it looks like you do not think he will get better even with help. You cannot say that you know for sure that he will not pay child support, even if he gets better. The man went through the death of his father and that can mess anyone up especially if it was a close relationship. My marriage almost ended when my dad died. I was angry and lashed out at my husband.

Comment

Originally posted by stressedby-X View Post
        I agree the money is his to spend as he wishes......but don't come knocking when the money is gone because this bank is closed!
        Agreed .

Comment

Not optimistic

Standing on the Sidelines,
          I agree that the death of a parent can be a traumatic experience. However, this happened over 4.5 years ago and he has yet to seek help or even admit that he has any sort of difficulty. So.....no I am not overly optimistic

As I said he was an excellent dad but has not seen his kids play hockey or baseball in four years and we live only ten kilometres apart.

The first year we were seperated my older son played rep hockey and OBA basketball - but gave up both. I think mainly in part because he realized the toll is was making on me to transport him all over the place. If this doesn't make a father straightened up. What will it take?

So no I am not optimistic he will be supportive emotionally or financially in the future.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X