This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oink View Post
    WOW...the kids have been introduced to the new partner already and a getaway trip is planned? Hmmmmmm
    Oh please.....give it a rest. If my ex was with someone after our divorce, and planned a trip, I'd tell the kids, have fun.

Comment

Downtrodden:

lol..Thank you for coming to my defense.

I've been with my new partner for 3 years....so its hardly new and since I'm a single grown woman, I'm quite capable of deciding all by myself at what speed my relationship moves and how to handle things with my own children.

My children share a very close relationship with my new partner and I'm very close to his children. We're very compatible and luckily so are our families.

Oink continues to attempt to post to and about me despite the fact that I have him on ignore. His biases and personality issues come to off to a lot of female posters here very clearly. What's amusing is that its not going to serve him very well in his upcoming litigation.

His ongoing attempts at insults are always pretty pathetic. And his opinions about my personal life are irrelevant.

Again, thank you however.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
        Oink ... biases and personality issues come off to a lot of female posters here very clearly.
        Come now, us guys can clearly see that oink has issues too

Comment

Thanks HadEnough...I corrected my typo.

I understand that its highly ridiculous to put your life on-hold during this process but my own experience with in-home separation was brutal.

Just an example. One day I forgot my new laptop at the marital home (I'd usually pack it up every day and leave it in my car)...and he used the opportunity to crack open my laptop to install a spy device. It ended up crashing my computer..so I took it in to my computer guy and he noticed that there were screws missing from it.

Although I didn't know exactly what he had done to it at the time...he later told our custody evaluator what he had done...its actually in our final report...LOL. He had installed a spy device on my laptop. Apparently, his thought process was that the custody evaluator would be appalled that I had moved on to a new relationship during my separation. So he read and printed out all my email. Luckily I rarely communicated with my lawyer by email. I actually find it highly amusing to this day that he was reading the notes between me and my bf.

He would also use any opportunity for me to be out of the house to go through my things. Of course, I had taken almost everything important out of the house...but he'd steal my cell phone bills, my underwear (???), miscellaneous receipts...basically go through anything he could.

In addition, if I had tried to arrange babysitting for my child in my absence, I guarantee he would have screwed that all up. There would have been massive amounts of havoc called and I can imagine I would have been phoned on vacation numerous times.

So personally, I think it really depends on what nonsense your ex might be up to while you're gone. If you think things will go smoothly and it will give you time to relax and take a deep breath...by all means, go. There's nothing legally irresponsible about it at all...its just more of a judgement thing. You know your ex better than anyone here.

By the way, I've been out of the marital home for a year and now enjoy travelling out of town on weekends...and have planned a few getaways including the islands this fall with my kids and new partner. So it does get better.
          Wow that's very crazy. I don't think she has done any of those things. Although I'm sure she has gone through my stuff. I keep anything important at work and only communicate with my lawyer via work email.

I have decided not to go. This is just way to important to me. I'll save the time and hopefully they don't pay me out and I can use the days in May or June perhaps and if not I'll just enjoy my time with my kids.

Comment

Come now, us guys can clearly see that oink has issues too
            lol Bill...sorry and point taken.

I have decided not to go. This is just way to important to me. I'll save the time and hopefully they don't pay me out and I can use the days in May or June perhaps and if not I'll just enjoy my time with my kids.
            Forgive me if I made you paranoid FB. I had a brutal, long in-home separation and thinking about it even now still makes me a bit anxious. So I might be projecting a bit.

You absolutely deserve to relax and have a vacation. My fear is just that you wouldn't be able to fully relax. But I hope that as soon as your motion goes through, you're able to really kick back and enjoy.

Once you get out of the marital home and you're working on an interim court order, things will get a lot smoother. Best wishes!

Comment

lol Bill...sorry and point taken.

Forgive me if I made you paranoid FB. I had a brutal, long in-home separation and thinking about it even now still makes me a bit anxious. So I might be projecting a bit.

You absolutely deserve to relax and have a vacation. My fear is just that you wouldn't be able to fully relax. But I hope that as soon as your motion goes through, you're able to really kick back and enjoy.

Once you get out of the marital home and you're working on an interim court order, things will get a lot smoother. Best wishes!
              You did not make me paranoid. I had already made up my mind. I think it's best to wait.

I have my motion on May 8th and just received my documents from my lawyer to review. I just posted a new thread with some questions.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X