Phone calls to child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone calls to child

The mother of my child has interim custody and I currently are the child on weekends for 6 hours, every Sunday and alternate Saturdays.

I have had some calls with my child but very few and far between because the childs mother simply either declines, says she is busy, or another excuse such as making it very difficult.

I'm not being demanding at all, for example I asked this morning for me to speak with our toddler at any time if her convenience,and she flat out refused.

The child is under five and I saw him both days this weekend and want to start regular calls.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Your child is under five. Getting a kid organized to sit on the phone and actually supervise said call with that age is next to impossible. This is an unreasonable request even for an intact family.

You have a schedule to see your child. You can request calls wherever possible but demanding “regular calls” is too much. Perhaps when the child is older and doesn’t need assistance it could be done but right now its next to impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That makes a lot of sense, thank you very much!

Comment

I don't think my kids became interesting on the phone until they were about 8-9 years old. I don't call them often (since I have 50% custody) but it is rarely all that satisfying.

Comment

Completely agreed!

Thank you

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X