This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving question

My ex moved, I'm not 100% sure when but I've driven by his new place, his car is there and our kids are excited to be getting their own rooms, but he's still playing like he's living at his old place (even though the phone is disconnected) So I'm filling out the kids school paperwork and although the school does not need his contact info (I have full custody) I just realized he hasn't given it to me! Does he have to disclose a move to me?
    Custody arraingement is I have full custody and he has visitation EOW and every wednesday.

Yes, you have a right to know where the kids are at when on his time. Simply send him an email indicating the kids have indicated a move and ask him to confirm his address for you.

Comment

Yes, he SHOULD disclose a move to you.

However it is moot now ... you know where he lives. Mail him and the kids a 'welcome to your new house' card. And give the school his address.

My ex (who is CP) pulled this one on me too. Luckily, one of her new neighbours recognized our kid in the park (with me), and unwittingly gave up the secret. I would have LOVED to see her face when she got my xmas card :-)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X