Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:29 PM

imadad is on a distinguished road

no i have not filed my motion yet but will be doing so this week. thats why i am trying to nail down exactly what i am going to ask for and how to properly ask for it.

the only thing i have regarding the resp is the original form i filled out when the resp was opened with the bank and then of course i would be able to get my bank statements showing the $100 coming out every month.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:09 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You are filing a motion to change the agreement for cs and school expenses.

Your agreement obviously had a clause for school expenses which is how she was able to file them with fro?

Within your motion you set out the timeline and where kids lived and when it changed. You also outline that you have received no information on the school expenses and the RESP amounts. You note that you have paid into it every month for 14 years and you put those as attachments.

You request disclosure of all RESP totals, grants and OSAP awards as well as any other relevant information required to determine your share of the expense.

Get your motion filed. Your first date will be to set the date for a conference and that could be two months away. Then the conference date will be several months after that. The sooner you get this done the better!
Old 06-09-2019, 01:09 PM

I should also mention that in your documents you need to say it like “To the best of my knowledge, full payment of sons fees were completed using funds from the RESP” after you state you have contributed $X to the fund.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:09 PM

thanks again for all your help on this rockscan !

I am going to be getting my documents issued and serving them to my ex this week so im looking forward to getting this process underway.

quick question though - when listing all of the things that i am asking for, should it be phrased like this - "I am asking the judge to order that...." ?

just not sure on the the best/proper way to phrase it.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:08 PM

You request all the things:
1. Arrears to be fixed xyz.
2. Child support be terminated for kid xyz.
3. Child support for other kid(s) be set at xyz.
4. RESP documents be disclosed.
5. Full details and documentation of expenses.
6. School expenses be calculated as xyz.

Think about what you want. Then list each on individually. You will get your first court date which will be to see if all necessary documentation has been disclosed. At that date you will set a date for a conference. At the conference you will get direction from the judge. Hopefully your ex realizes you are serious and pulls her head out of her ass.

Make an offer to settle too!
Old 06-16-2019, 07:14 PM

Rockscan do you mind if i send you a PM ?

if you dont mind, I would like to send you exactly what i have down and see what you think ?

If not thats okay, I think i have it down pretty good but just looking for another set of eyes to look it over.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:45 PM

Sure send it to me and i will have a look