This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me?

Or have you noticed how busy the boards get shortly after christmas time.

there's a government grant for statistical analysis in that concept somewhere.

I noticed. Intresting...

I also noticed that the online dating site# of members increased expedentially after Christmas as well...

Hmm....

Comment

My lawyer once told me that January is his busiest month of the year. He thought that there is a direct correlation to marriage break-downs and bills coming in from overspending at Christmas. Next busiest time for him is when kids go back to school in September.

Comment

Yes everyone I know who separated did so in Aug-Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
          Or have you noticed how busy the boards get shortly after christmas time.

there's a government grant for statistical analysis in that concept somewhere.
          Actually, WO, excellent observation and you are correct. I will try and put the analysis together regarding this.

Also, there have been clinical studies of the incident of divorce proceedings starting in January as a result of the Christmas Holiday. The other busy time when people separate is right before the start of school.

I will try and dig up some publicly accessible studies on this as well.

The increase you are seeing is just a reflection of the stress that Christmas brings to families. Same with school.

The other incident of note when separation and eventually divorce happens is after a diagnosis of Major Depression by either parent Postpartum of a child's birth.

(BTW: There is no clinical diagnosis of postpartum depression in any clinical mental health ontology. It is properly diagnosed as a Axis I Major Depression with an Axis II postpartum onset. Properly stated as Postpartum Major Depression.)

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X