This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat toy with SKYPE

So anyway I bought my kid a psp for christmas.Now these particular toys have gone down quite a bit on price which is a good thing but it has something which puts it ahead of the rest.PSP has SKYPE .For those parents of older children who find it impossible to sit down in front of a monitor, these are quite frankly awesome.

Hook up a cam and away they go.Family on the other side of the world can have free chats to a child on a child's terms and in the media of their choice.All McDonalds have wifi as do librarys and Timmies.So even if the parent cant afford a permanent hook up to the internet and cell calls are another expense, this gadget can really work.

Because of the small size it is easily transported and child friendly.Or from the other side of things if parent doesn't have a laptop and wants facetime with a child a province over they could use a PSP to skype the child.Anyway that's my take on this toy .

I love Skype! I think it is a great form of communication.

Comment

It levels the playing field.No extra charges to worry about on the bill and no drama.No other way out there, of getting contact on the other side of the world for nothing

Comment

If anyone has an apple product, such as Mac, iPod touch or iPad, they come with similar technology called Facetime. There is more out there too, but I'm a big fan of Skype for a long time.

Comment

Baldclub, can Skype not be used on an ipad? I've been looking into possibly getting one. If not, can Facetime and Skype work together? Say,I have Skype and you have Facetime, can we still connect?

Comment

Skype works on PC, Mac, Android, iOS and apparently on PSP too. Facetime is proprietary of Apple, it works also pretty nicely although not used for text-based chatting.

Skype only works with other Skype users, it cannot work with Facetime. Hope that answers your question.

Comment

Absolutely. Thank you. If Skype did not work on an ipad, that would definitely influence my decision.

Comment

You can definitely use Skype on an IPad or IPhone.

Comment

You know what is really stupid... while Sony has a Skype app for PSP they don't (and probably will never) have a Skype app the PS3. The PS3 eye is more than capable of being used for skype, but for some reason Sony won't let you.

Comment

Originally posted by SingingDad View Post
                    You know what is really stupid... while Sony has a Skype app for PSP they don't (and probably will never) have a Skype app the PS3. The PS3 eye is more than capable of being used for skype, but for some reason Sony won't let you.
                    I've owned a PS3 since they came out and have never used the net on it, but yes, how much easier could that be for some? Can the 360 Skype? I have a couple of those and it would be cool for the basement. I have my computer on the main floor hooked into my tv, so I can Skype from that if I want to see the person and do PIP

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X