Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:11 PM

Elomelo8387 is on a distinguished road

Also I wasnít getting CS for a while. Itís only been a recent phenomenon. Even section 7 he isnít paying (ie childcare) so itís been a hardship for me. But thatís another issues.
Regardless I will try to be amicable about it and if heís still going to hardball me I think it might make more sense to just have a judge decide. I have been receiving threat letters for undue hardship for months now and He still needs to file a motion.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:52 PM

tilt is on a distinguished road

He sounds like a bully. Often if you are ďamicableĒ and flexible they just use it as an excuse to treat you worse and worse (as you can see from the unpaid CS and S7). You have never denied him access even when he was not paying CS so you look golden before a judge.

Going to court you arenít going to get less than Table CS, and youíll get S7, and he canít increase parenting time due to the mutually agreed distance and status quo.

Self-repping isnít hard on financial issues. You might want to call legal aid for advice (they are being flexible about income limits due to Covid). A clearly written letter May make things easier for you, failing that, launching an application in the court (you mentioned him threatening a motion but it sounds like neither of you have even done an application, if so, he doesnít know what he is talking about).

Tags
access, child / spousal support, undue hardship