What constitutes a call to the rcmp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What constitutes a call to the rcmp?

I am not sure what would be sufficient to warrant bugging the rcmp, considering the fact that I am single dad of step daughter and daughter, mother inlaw is crazy (i won't let her be with 7yr old girl alone)and is always used to being in control and is unstable.....now, I get notified by my nanny/sister that step daughter told her that grammy would like to shoot me in the face and also asked step daughter's boyfriend if he knew any hitmen or someone that could give me a good beating.....so....is this somewhat a normal circumstance among these situations that the rcmp would say we can't be bothered to do anything and its just your average family squabble....or what should I do with this situation? I know she is crazy and unstable and on all sorts of pills....I am used to her crazyness...but this is stuck in the back of my mind when I hear noises at night or walk across a parking lot and a car is coming towards me....it has me feeling a bit uneasy and looking over my shoulder a little bit now.

I am broke and can not afford a lawyer for a bit now until funds are stable....and I don't know if I would be blowing this out of proportion, I slough things off and I am nieve, I have been told by a couple of people that I should finally do something about this crazy lady before something crazy happens, just wondering how to approach it, if anyone has experience with this kind of thing here I would like to know what first steps I should take....oh ya....she will play innocent little old lady if approached about it, or totally freak out if I approach her.....She calls me a weasel who runs and hides, but anytime I try to talk to her she gets out of control and explosive......
    Last edited by undersc0re; 05-24-2015, 08:48 PM.

I would suggest that you go with your sister/nanny down to your local RCMP detachment and ask to speak to the duty officer and ask them for advice.

I would think that you would not contact or have anything to do with the person who is allegedly making threats against you.

Comment

your step daughter would have to be willing to talk to the RCMP also. I am thinking that they will not act unless she does and her boyfriend also as she asked him about the hitman. They are the ones who heard it.

I have a feeling if just you and your sister go without the other two then they may just write it off to divorce mudslinging.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
        your step daughter would have to be willing to talk to the RCMP also. I am thinking that they will not act unless she does and her boyfriend also as she asked him about the hitman. They are the ones who heard it.

I have a feeling if just you and your sister go without the other two then they may just write it off to divorce mudslinging.
        Thats what I figured, I will see if they is willing to progress things further and admit the mother inlaw asked them about these things to the police.

Comment

I was quite distressed at the time of my separation as ex has previously been violent (removed from home by police) and had made several threats. His g/f is from "the other side of the tracks" and I was worried about some of her acquaintances. What unnerved me was that things were disappearing from the property/shed. My ex knew I was frightened and he and his g/f thought it was hilarious. They used to raid the shed at night just for 'kicks and giggles.' I took some relief in knowing that the home had an excellent security system. This is something you might want to look into. You get a bit of a discount on your home-owner's insurance with a security system. There are also many security devices for windows/patio doors which are good if you rent a place.

Comment

You get a restraining order against the person who has uttered threats against you - they will be served documents. Of course a piece of paper can't protect you against a nut-case. Though if anything were to happen to you, they would be suspect number one (and they know this) so it's an incentive to leave you in peace.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X