Sick of CAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of CAS

Kids are 11 & 12 now. Been divorced 11 years and I still get calls all the time from the police and CAS. Usually my ex does something wildly stupid (He's bipolar) and his neighbors or the school or the police notify CAS, CAS comes over 'interviews' the kids....tell them they are going to make everything rainbows and butterflies then six months later call me to tell me the file was closed and there is no followup actions. Is there anyways to just tell them to F off unless the report is something actually real or actionable? I feel like it's a complete waste of tax payer dollars and my time at this point (Since I have to take half a day off work to take them over to the interview). Or maybe I'm just really jaded by years of reports.

Have you spoken with CAS about having some sort of note on the file? Or possibly the police and the school?

Maybe if they know he has this issue and its been reported already they may be more inclined to speak to you first?

Comment

The age of care is currently 16 in Ontario, until that point CAS will have to investigate especially if a school or police reports a child protection issue. Chances are you will continue to get calls until they are of age.

Comment

They have to investigate every single complaint, what if it was serious and they fluffed it off? It seems odd to me that with so many complaints (not from Mom) why they dont have any safety measures in place.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X