Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:11 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Rockscan, I dont mind covering the costs as long as its reasonable like a City Run or YMCA program and he doesnt miss half the lessons. I think its money well spent and I do now receive full child support. I'm going to teach him myself this year and get him into evening classes next year when he is older and more classes are available for his age group during the evening. The only ones I could find right now were on Saturdays.

I did have both kids in skating lessons on a Sunday last year and he did take them. He is bitter right now about the new access schedule and I think he is doing it to prove a point that his original access schedule works better, where I had the children every Saturday until 6:00 pm on his weekends.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, this Forum has saved me thousand in legal fees I dont even bother asking my lawyer anymore.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:22 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdad91 View Post
I think you already knew your lawyer was going to laugh you out the door and docket you.

Your comments are neither fair or helpful. If you donít have anything useful to say, donít say anything.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I think you already knew your lawyer was going to laugh you out the door and docket you.
No, I think she would have "taken" the money to fight for it And made my ex look like a Deadbeat.

Its posters like you that keep the Fathers Rights Movement stalled where it is. And posters like the rest of us, that keep treking on, and appreciate the advice.

Last edited by kate331; 07-03-2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-04-2018, 12:25 AM

denbigh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The worst thing you could do is to involve the children and coach them.
its not coaching when the kids notice it themselves. No a three year old isnt going to do this but older kids most certainly will. a 10 year old notices when they are given a birthday party invitation and a parent says they cant go, or the soccer coach tells them there is a tournament and everyone is talking about it and they cant go. and they knoW the difference between cant go becasue its grandma's birthday, and cant go because I dont feel like taking you or watching your sport, we are going to stay home and watch TV all day.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:30 AM

Agreed Denbign, the 3 year old has no clue. I do have a S7 (soon to be 8 in August), that is well aware he misses friends Birthday parties, its what they know and he is use to saying "No, I cant go because I'm at Dad's".

We are in the mists of planning an 8th Birthday Party in August, and my son keeps saying to me, "do you think so and so can come, or will they be with their Dad?". Its just their reality of separation and divorce.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:36 AM

thh1 is on a distinguished road

I hear you, Kate ! I have the same issue with activities for kids under my ex parenting time. I also have problem even with my parenting time because initially I asked for S7 from her but now, I just register what I want under my time with kids without asking her. There are a lot swimming club/community center/ private coach around, hope you could find a good time for your little one.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I understand it is upsetting to you when they are at dads because you have zero control over them but it is actually a good thing.
Of course its not a negative thing! When else would I have the time to spend all the CS on myself. (Sorry, couldnt resist)

Thanks to all the other Poster, who gave constructive advice, much appreciated!!!
Old 07-06-2018, 02:22 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Being at dads is supposed to be a bad thing?

Children caught in adult conflict often tell their parent what they think the parent wants to hear.

Being at "dads" isn't supposed to be viewed as a negative thing. I understand it is upsetting to you when they are at dads because you have zero control over them but it is actually a good thing.
no one says being at dads is a bad thing. The kid is just saying he cannot go because he will be at his fathers and unavailable. You can switch dad for grandparents or working or whatever.