Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:46 PM

Fatherofgirls is on a distinguished road

Youngdad is correct, it's not that I don't want the kids to see their mother, I do. However, the schedule that the OCL is proposing would be disastrous for the kids and my relationship with them. Seeing them for 3 school days a week is not comparable to fri-Mon morning. Just as 4 school days is not comparable to 2 school days+ the weekend. This schedule gives me minimal full days with my kids, I would see them for half the holidays and every other Wednesday during the summer for a full day, that's 10? full days a year. She would see them for 8-9 full days in a month.

The current schedule is working for the kids, they are doing well in school and otherwise. It plays to our strengths I want to be involved with their school and homework, she does not. It makes no sense to give her school days when she doesn't want to do their homework with them. The schedule provides us with relatively similar amounts of time with the kids. I see no reason to change it.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:36 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

As Blink advised, use the Our Family Wizard program for communication. It is recommended by many judges.

Sounds like you don't want to have your kids on weekends. Does your ex work a Monday to Friday job? Perhaps she wants some time to herself (nothing wrong with that). If you have been doing the homework with the kids all along and they are doing well academically. I can understand why she wouldn't want to upset things.

As always, put yourself in your wife's shoes and try to look at things from her perspective honestly.

Use the communication software. What have you got to lose?
Old 09-10-2018, 08:00 AM

Fatherofgirls is on a distinguished road

I am not against using the communication software at all. To be honest it would probably be easier than what we are doing now.

My ex does work Mon to Fri. She is not asking to not have them on the weekend, what she wants is what the OCL recommended, that she get them every weekend and during the week.